JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a 6.5 grendel AR-15 that the last time I shot it failed to eject a round. Afterwards i noticed that the extractor was broken. I replaced the entire bolt and it would not go into battery. I thought I had messed up and ordered the wrong 6.5 grendel bolt so I ordered the other style grendel bolt, but that one also wont fully go into battery either. Anyone have this experience before?

No the bolt does not rotate into the breech without a round. Will pull the bolt and try inserting just the carrier to try and isolate the problem to the bolt carrier key and gas tube. Didn't think that would be an issue as it was fine before the FTE.

I took the bolt out and the carrier goes into the upper without any resistance. I also played with inserting only the bolt into the bolt face with both bolts, and they looked to be going in deep enough so I inserted the carrier and with the type II bolt I was able to get it to go completely into battery. This was without the bolt pin and firing pin being inserted though and when I put the bolt back into the carrier I was unable to get it to go into battery again.

No this is a custom upper.. I found the problem to be a small nick on the backside of the lugs on the barrel that was preventing the bolt from rotating. Once I shaved it down the bolt went into battery effortlessly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top