JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have a recipe to clone Hornady 143grn ELDX Precision Hunter?
I'm just starting to reload the 6.5, and I get sub MOA with the factory ammo. Looking for a starting point to ladder test and fine tune for my TC compass.
Thanks.

the load i gave you is near max. i suggest starting a grain lower and working up. i know it works in an AR10. just sayin, good practice to start low and work ip

the load i gave you is near max. i suggest starting a grain lower and working up. i know it works in an AR10. just sayin, good practice to start low and work ip

Thanks. I'm using a 24" 5R bolt rifle. I should get a little more fps with that.
Then I get to reprogram my data in Strelok for use in the field

My 143 gr ELD-X load is a little hotter than that but I think I'm getting 2700 fps ( I will have to look at my notes to get a better number) with a 24" barrel. Never had any pressure issues but as stated already, start lower and work your way up.

20190227_113931.jpg

Since the complete overhaul of the General Dynamics plant, the IMR version of 4350 is notably bulkier than the Thales powder sold under the H flag. The little I've pressure tested with H showed lot variations to be rather small, but over tested some powder lots that were much more than the stated 10% difference. Work your way to your velocity goal. Just sticking to a charge weight may put you on the wrong side of the pressure curve.

Cheers

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews