Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

590 stock options

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Kimber Custom, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I have a 590 with the speed loader stock. I feel overextended with left hand on the pump action.

I wouldn't mind cutting the stock down a few inches to bring the gun a little closer but it would mess up the speed loader stock function. (I'm not attached to the speed loader stock function)

I've seen AR adjustable style stocks but I've heard they can be hard to get a good cheek weld with. True?

I've heard pistol grips are really hard on the wrist. True?

What kind of stock would you recommend for a HD 590?

2. sweetbeard

sweetbeard Beavertown OreGUN! New Member

Stock one....

3. The Cheese

The Cheese somewhere special Member

I had a speed feed entry stock with the pistol grip on my rem 870. They don't have the shell holder deals, but it is a bit shorter if you like that stock and how it feels otherwise. But you can always just pick up a new stock and go have it cut down. Worked for my wife and her 870 ;)

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Dang replacement stocks are expensive. It would be cheaper to sell my shotgun and go buy one with the stock I want. Are the gunshows any better for finding deals on stocks?

5. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

+1 for the Knoxx Spec-Ops. I run the recoil reducing adjustable on my 590..Bet you will like. Midway sells them for around $120