JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After a long wait, my Russian VEPR in 7.62x54R with a 4-8x POSP Belorussian modern production scope is all set! I have always thought this was the most beautiful rifle (anything along the SVD/Dragunov/PSL-54c lines) and can't wait to get it sighted in.

Does anyone have suggestions on what distance to sight it in at or what ammo to use for the sighting in?

0903160014.jpg 0903160014a.jpg 0903160014b.jpg 0903160014c.jpg

Oh man that is really nice!

I would start out at 100 yards then move on out to 300, and then of course farther!
For accuracy I have had really good luck with this Winchester. Bimart has ordered it in for me several times.
!80 grain soft point. I was able to get nice little 1" groups with it. Far better than any other ammo out there in 54r.

67746_1.jpg

Oh man that is really nice!

I would start out at 100 yards then move on out to 300, and then of course farther!
For accuracy I have had really good luck with this Winchester. Bimart has ordered it in for me several times.
!80 grain soft point. I was able to get nice little 1" groups with it. Far better than any other ammo out there in 54r.

View attachment 310950

Ok, cool, that gives me a good start. Any known issues with using the cheaper Tula stuff from time to time?

Beautiful setup, is that a ironwood stock set? Did you go with a tabok flash hider or something else? I'm thinking about decking my Vepr out similarly, I went with the Tabok hider.

Beautiful setup, is that a ironwood stock set? Did you go with a tabok flash hider or something else? I'm thinking about decking my Vepr out similarly, I went with the Tabok hider.

You know, I actually was able to order it with this stock from Atlantic Firearms. I'm not sure about the stock actually, but I do know it has a tabok flash hider. The scope is the fun part, I opted for the 4-8x for versatility. Not the cheapest thing, but man is it nice.

You know, I actually was able to order it with this stock from Atlantic Firearms. I'm not sure about the stock actually, but I do know it has a tabok flash hider. The scope is the fun part, I opted for the 4-8x for versatility. Not the cheapest thing, but man is it nice.

Right on, I remember seeing that model, such a beauty. Great that it has that long barrel too. Tabok I think is a great choice for an SVD look. That is an awesome scope, I just have a POSP 4x, haven't zeroed it yet though. Just zeroed my 8x POSP on my PSL, great to have that magnification. Adjustable power is on the wish list.

Is there a reason you suggest the 180s over the 147/150s?

Sorry I should have clarified and said that was just a google screen shot. I was just using it as an example of the Winchester white box, metric calibers. But since we are on the topic. Both the 180's and 150's have had great accuracy results. If you wanted to hunt with it, I would go with the 180's!