JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a heads up. There was a post yesterday or the day before about a bunch of stolen ammo. Apparently quite a large amount of 50 BMG was stolen somewhere up North.

Yes I saw that, but this listing has been up a while, if I remember correctly it has been they're quite a while in fact the same listing was discussed last year sometime but with no follow-up, apparently it was discussed on TOS? whatever that is? I would like to see that discussion which sounds like an old topic, which would be before the recent stolen ammo.
So I'm hoping someone that has purchased will have some input? or someone that has info on the TOS forum link that discussed this listing before?
One more question, there is no legal problem buying 50bmg in WA state from a private citizen?
Thanks

Stolen ammo

There, i think i got the linky to worky......
Yes I saw that link but I believe this listing has been around longer than that stolen topic? Also it comes to mind, I do not want to duplicate recent media and a certain political party who has made assumptions or allegations based on suspicions which were unfounded? so my purpose is not to shed a bad light on this listing as it may be legitimate and do not want to interfere with anybody's participation in this caliber or supporting their own sports costs and could be providing a good deal for fellow Shooters in Washington, similar to a group buy possibly? Maybe this is naive wishful thinking on my part but I would like to find out if anybody has had any dealings with this seller? Or if someone has the TOS link whatever that is? for a forum which has discussed this arms listing? & quite a while ago from what I understand?
I am real close to a final decision on entering into shooting this caliber want some get information I can see if this seller can be relied on?
I can kind of understand if the seller is too busy or has not jumped on local forums to discuss his ammo especially with all the special attention this caliber might bring. so anyway the question still stands has anybody or even know somebody that has dealt with this seller on armslist? Thanks.

Last Edited:
yes yes I saw that link but I believe this listing has been around longer than that stolen topic?? Also it comes to mind recent media and certain political party who has made assumptions or allegations based on suspicions which were unfounded so my purpose is not to shed a bad light on this listing as it may be legitimate and do not want to interfere with anybody's participation in this caliber or supporting their own sports costs and could be providing a good deal for fellow Shooters in Washington possibly? Maybe this is naive wishful thinking on my part but I would like to find out if anybody has had any dealings with this listing? Or if someone has the TOs link whatever that is? for a forum which has discussed this arms list listing & quite a while ago from what I understand on the comment. I am real close to a final decision on entering into shooting this caliber want some get information I can see if this seller can be relied on?
I can kind of understand if the purse seller is too busy or has not jumped on local forums to discuss his ammo especially with all the special attention this caliber might bring. so anyway the question still stands has anybody or even know somebody that has dealt with this seller on armslist?

Yeah i get it. The stolen ammo was mentioned and i saw the pics and recognized em from your post, only reason i linked it....
Good luck man. If you happen to find his list is legit would you let us know? Im curious as well....

Can't say that it is legit or not. But $2 per round is fairly inexpensive - most that I have seen online is almost $3 per round and is usually linked not unlinked (sometimes there is corrosion around/under the link and it is a hassle to delink them, so I prefer unlinked).

I am saying this because the closer something is to being a "steal" the closer it is to be stolen. Remember, Seattle is close to several military bases and some stuff, including ammo, comes from those bases (just look at any of the pawn shops and surplus stores near the bases and you will see stuff that probably came from the bases).

I have seen Raufoss .50 BMG ammo offered at the WAC show for $20+ per round. I don't know of any civilian source for Raufoss so I assume it probably came from some military member pocketing it from time to time.

Can't say that it is legit or not. But $2 per round is fairly inexpensive - most that I have seen online is almost $3 per round and is usually linked not unlinked (sometimes there is corrosion around/under the link and it is a hassle to delink them, so I prefer unlinked).

I am saying this because the closer something is to being a "steal" the closer it is to be stolen. Remember, Seattle is close to several military bases and some stuff, including ammo, comes from those bases (just look at any of the pawn shops and surplus stores near the bases and you will see stuff that probably came from the bases).

I have seen Raufoss .50 BMG ammo offered at the WAC show for $20+ per round. I don't know of any civilian source for Raufoss so I assume it probably came from some military member pocketing it from time to time.

Well that's pretty subjective, we're in the land of consumerism, there are legit deals to be had daily, some guys plan ahead some guys invest more and larger quantities and supplement their shooting sport cost by sharing or selling making a little coin to do it ultimately everything used unless it is traceable back to its brand new purchase could have been hot at one point but it does not make it illegal for you or I or a pawn shop to purchase the items unless we knew for sure something was stolen, in which I'm not going to purchase it, that's my own decision. Regarding the pawn shops near bases seems like military personnel are actively involved and shooting purchasing ammo seems of someone makes the right calls they can be in contact with Distributors get good prices on bulk purchases, I'm sure there is inventory many people have that they bought before the gun grabbers in recent years came onto the scene..
2005 you could buy silver at $9.50 an ounce you could buy Ford stock at a dollar $1.85 a share.. besides the prices of this listing are not really a steal. $2.20 for ball $2.00 for API is not that much cheaper than online sales currently on ammo seek..
anyway I have been anyway I have been in contact with seller and will let you know what I find out, I am still hoping someone has had some experience and could shed some light it is kind of strange at I've not heard anybody that has bought at this point?
so the question still stands, has anybody purchased from this listing off Armslist? From what I have read of the laws and various studying it is not illegal to purchase this ammo from a citizen..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads