JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would take a Bravo Company upper on a quality lower over the Spike's Tactical complete rifle. They make nice stuff but Bravo Company is second to none IMO. :s0155:

Spikes Tactical vs. Bravo Company

In what respect are you saying this? Quality wise, I think they are on par. Both better than most (in their respective price ranges) but still both bow to Colt. And these is no doubt that Spikes has the edge price wise.

Possibly BCM tests it's components a bit better? Customer Service wise? I've not hears/read/experienced any problems with either.

IMO, BCM is better than Colt. Better quality control, better components, more extensive testing on components, etc. Spike's just isn't up to par. Not a bad gun but not as good.

IMO, BCM is better than Colt. Better quality control, better components, more extensive testing on components, etc. Spike's just isn't up to par. Not a bad gun but not as good.

Well I do have to admit after reading everything I could find on the internet in general, at AR15.com forums and AR15 Armory forums, this is the first comment I have come across that says Spikes isn't on par with BCM (or at least very close to it).

Although I haven't done a lot of looking into it, I also haven't come across anything saying BCM is better than Colt.

Just curious, but can you provide any data or proof to back this up?

I did at least provide one source that gave the opinion that BCM and Spikes were nearly on par. He did choose BCM in the end, but only because their testing procedures were a bit more extensive (and also commented that Spikes would be equivalent soon...which may be already based on the article date).

Well I do have to admit after reading everything I could find on the internet in general, at AR15.com forums and AR15 Armory forums, this is the first comment I have come across that says Spikes isn't on par with BCM (or at least very close to it).

Although I haven't done a lot of looking into it, I also haven't come across anything saying BCM is better than Colt.

Just curious, but can you provide any data or proof to back this up?

I did at least provide one source that gave the opinion that BCM and Spikes were nearly on par. He did choose BCM in the end, but only because their testing procedures were a bit more extensive (and also commented that Spikes would be equivalent soon...which may be already based on the article date).

check out M4Carbine.net and Lightfighter.net for more info on BCM stuff. Also see the infamous chart:
<broken link removed>

Coctailer has 5.56 AR's for under $700. I have one with more that 5k rounds of 5.56 through it with no problems.

You can shoot 5.56 in a mini-14, all except for their target versions.

Let's not kid ourselves. 5.56 is a lot hotter than .223, and I just bought 2k rounds of Federal XM193 from Jack at Dan-Dee Sales here on the forum for $700.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top