JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I am in the market for a suppressor. I'm looking to mount it on my SCAR-L. I've done a little bit of research and to be honest I'm finding it difficult to find unbiased information. Everyone says the AAC or SureFire are the ways to go. However, I've also heard that there isn't much of a difference in the performance (sound suppression/muffle flash suppression) on the lower ends brands like YHM.

I'm starting to threat in hopes of getting some first hand feedback from guys that are running suppressors on their 5.56 rifles, preferably guys that have mounted them on their SCAR-L.

Any help is very much appreciated.

O-M

I like the mounting system on the surefire. I have YHM as well and the mount is big, but it works well also. What I would suggest is you find the lightest suppressor possible unless you are going to SBR it. You will feel the weight unless you go Ti YHM. No experience with AAC but read lots about the mounting wiggle on both the 18t and 51t mounts.

I have the Surefire MINI and while the suppression isn't on par with other larger sized models, I really like the weight and size of it so there's a trade off. I have larger and heavier cans, and the suppression is great but they are long and heavy.

You might get more response if you post in the NFA section: NFA Weapons

or perhaps Silencer Talk

Silencers are more alike than they are different, so take into account the quality of customer service when evaluating suppressors.

I don't know if the 5.56 suppressors can be disassembled for cleaning, but if the one you choose can't be disassembled for cleaning then you would not want to shoot 22LR thru it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top