JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am pleased to announce that the 4th Annual KRRC Silencer Shoot is scheduled for July 19, 2014 from 2pm to 6pm. This is an educational event to demonstrate the limitations and effectiveness of firearm silencers. The shoot is taking place at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club at 4900 Seabeck Highway, Bremerton WA 98312. The club's website is here; http://www.gunsafety.org/

Below is a small poster I made to publicize the event. It should open up in MS Paint and print out on 8.5x11 inch paper. If anyone is willing to post it at local gun stores or other areas, it would be greatly appreciated. Please get permission to post at stores before doing so.

Direct link to

Below is a map of the KRRC. The silencer shoot will take place on the rifle line. The pistol line will be open for unsuppressed pistols and rim fire rifles as usual. The action pistol bays between the pistol line and the rifle line can be used by dealers or manufacturers who want to demo their products. They can also use the rifle line. Please feel free to bring a banner to hang up to advertise your store. Last year Wynakos Machine attended the shoot and were a wealth of information for the participants.

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or (360) 440-5889.

Randy Bragge

4thAnnualSilencerShoot_zpsf0475c24.jpg KRRCmap_zpsf2bbe10e.jpg

Last Edited:
Why don't they? The first silencer shoot at the KRRC was a result of my asking the board for exclusive use of the rifle line for four hours on a Saturday the day after silencers became legal to use in WA back in 2011. I was a mere yearly member back then, nothing special. This year and last year I got the event scheduled for 2-6pm, the range normally closes at 4pm on the weekends. This requires that I get some RO's to stay late but minimizes the impact of the event on members and public shooters who are not interested in the silencer shoot.

Don't you belong to a club that is willing to do something like this? Ideally you get some friends together to help run it, the ask for help from the club. I'm willing to give you a hand with an event like this in King County if you like. I've been vigorously promoting silencer use in WA for the last five years and this is one of the best ways to do it.

Randy

Nope, I don't belong to any ranges because it is legal to shoot on my own property where I live, and I set up a backstop to hang targets on and shoot at.

I just use my P22 pistol and M&P 15-22 rifle to shoot on the property. Both share the same TAC-65 can.

Love the idea of this though because it would give me a chance to hear different cans on different calibers.

Particularly interested in AR-15 cans since I am building an AR-15 I hope to have completed by summer and would like to hear some different cans on them to hear which brand/design performs the best for the money.

I already know how loud a 5.56 is unsuppressed, but never heard one in person suppressed.

Since my son will be moving up to Everett in June, I sent him info about this. If he's interested in going, I'll come too and bring my SS Sparrow. I'd love to bring my M11-9 and can, but I know Washington won't appreciate it. If I'm really lucky I'll have my Spectre II out of jail by then and I can bring that as well.

The SBR bill will probably be signed by the Governor soon, even if it is not signed it becomes law by June 11th or so as long as it is not vetoed. Is your M11 an SBR? If it is then you should be able to submit the 5320.20 in June and be ready to bring it to the shoot in July. I really want to see some more SBR's at the shoot.

Randy

Not that I think you would get hassled by anyone, but I believe you also need to obtain permission or give notification to the BATFE prior to transporting a NFA weapon into another state.

Last Edited:
Ah good info. :) And provides the required form for the folks with SBR's to fill out so they can legally bring them to the event so we WA guys can drool over them lol

Nope, I don't belong to any ranges because it is legal to shoot on my own property where I live, and I set up a backstop to hang targets on and shoot at.

I just use my P22 pistol and M&P 15-22 rifle to shoot on the property. Both share the same TAC-65 can.

Love the idea of this though because it would give me a chance to hear different cans on different calibers.

Particularly interested in AR-15 cans since I am building an AR-15 I hope to have completed by summer and would like to hear some different cans on them to hear which brand/design performs the best for the money.

I already know how loud a 5.56 is unsuppressed, but never heard one in person suppressed.
I use a Thunderbeast 30cal can on my AR-15 and it is comparable in report to the 308. With full power ammo, about the same as a 22lr out of a rifle, maybe a little less. Haven't tried it with subsonic yet:)

I'm expecting three manufacturers to show up for the event; Wynakos Machine from Monroe WA, Thunder Beast Arms from Cheyanne WY and Silencerco from West Valley City, UT (their NW rep) .
http://wynakosmachine.com/
http://thunderbeastarms.com/
http://www.silencerco.com/

I've never seen or heard a Thunder Beast silencer, so I'm really looking forward to it. Wynakos Machine has several interesting products that I would like to see again. I really liked what Silencerco had to offer at the 2011 Renton shoot. Maybe they will all have something brand new for this year.

All of the manufacturers as well as myself will have a limited supply of ammo for the public to use. Please bring your own 9mm, 45acp. 22lr, 223, 308, 300 BLK or other commercially loaded ammo to ensure you're able to try out their products.

Randy

Last Edited:
well they do have them registered oil filter adapters lol.

whenever your can wears out, change the oil on your ride and you have a new silencer! :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top