JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a couple of questions:

Will the rifle line also still be open for regular shooting out to 200 yds during the suppressor shoot? If not can we arrive early to do some distance practice beforehand? I would be bringing an AAC Ti-Rant .45 suppressor for the shoot, would I have to pay regular range fees as well? Please let me know as I am very interested in making the trek across the sound for this event.

Richard

Here is how things will work on Saturday July 19th. The pistol line will be open for use by members and the public for any handgun and rimfire rifles from 8am to 4pm (or maybe 6pm). The rifle line will be used only for Junior Small Bore training as usual from 8am to 11am. From 11am to 2pm I will be setting up for the silencer shoot; moving benches, tables and setting up metal targets. The rifle line will be open to the non-member public for the usual $15 from 11am to 2pm. I will minimize my interference with the public shooting during the setup.

From 2pm to 6pm the rifle line will only be used for the silencer shoot; all firearms will be used with a silencer except if we want to demonstrate the difference between suppressed and unsuppressed firearms. So if you want to show up early between 11am and 2pm, that is fine. You will be asked to pay the usual range fee though. If you show up only for the silencer shoot and bring your can, you get in for free from 2pm to 6pm.

We will probably also use some of the action pistol bays for some of the venders to demo their products.

Remember to bring commercial ammo to use in the vendors suppressed firearms as their supply of ammo is limited as is mine. Hope to see you there.

Randy
(360) 440-5889

The 4th Annual KRRC Silencer Shoot was a great time. Hats off to Ray of Thunderbeast Arms and Scott of Silencerco. While I can put together a successful event with the help of other club members, it's the manufacturers and dealers who take part that make it much more memorable. Once again thank you to Ray and Scott.

We had 6 remote re-setting AR-500 falling plates at 200 and 110 yards. A large mild steel plate at 200 yards and numerous other steel at 25 and 50 yards. At 2 pm people started showing up, within 30 minutes most of the rifle line was full and stayed packed until about 5:30 when people got their fill. Thunderbeast and Silencerco had a limited supply of ammo but since most people bought ammo of their own there was plenty to go around. A few people told us that they've only shown up at KRRC for the Silencer Shoots.

One family sat at a bench and went through a bunch of old AP ammo in my 308 punching some holes in the 200 yards steel, another brought a box of 223 and tried out the 5.56 rifles I brought. Another dad brought his kids and they knocked over plates at 25 yards with a suppressed Savage MK2.

There was of course small crowds of people around Scott and Ray for most of the afternoon trying out their suppressed rifles and pistols. With ten suppressed firearms each they were kept very busy. I especially liked the Thunderbeast can on the Barrett 338 Lapua; it was a bit quieter than my 338 Ultra mag. I heard a few SBR's, they were of course louder than their full sized counterparts. My favorite rifle at the event was the 44 mag Silent Destroyer, less noisy than a 300 Blackout; it better be as it has a huge can on it. Got to make me one some day.

The pistol line was open to unsuppressed shooting, I think most of the people who showed for pistol shooting also took part in the Silencer Shoot. Most people were gone by about 5:30. About 70 people were at the event. The 2015 Silencer Shoot is tentatively scheduled for Saturday July 18th. Thunderbeast and Silencerco both said they wish to return. I look forward to seeing them and others next year. I'm talking to you Wynakos Machine.

Ray and the collection he brought.

Scott's collection, didn't get much of Scott though, sorry.

44 mag Silencer Destroyer. Got to make me one of these someday.

First suppressed Mosin Nagant I've seen.

Randy

54e412c0-ed46-4cd6-88d5-75dc9c3369dd_zpsdd219c79.jpg 4fbe3185-b233-4e97-a841-b1ccdfab4554_zps7335f51b.jpg 44magSD_zpse2004762.jpg Nagant_zps91a68a73.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top