JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I ddin't reload my 2 would just sit in the safe.no way can I afford that kind of shooting.
I load cast bullets for my colt loads,and save tons of money per box.
Paying for the changeover kit for my 550b bites,but u only pay it once,and the savings just keep adding up.

Agreed. I started reloading to support my .500 S&W habit. Reloads save me $2 per trigger pull on that caliber alone! You can literally pay for the press in one afternoon loading that stuff...

$80 for two boxes? Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. The .460 and .500 Mags are over the top price wise ($56 per 20), but it's over $100 for 2 boxes of .41 Mag at Bi-Mart, and they're probably the best price. I would have expected .45 Colt to cost that much too.

Yes, you need to start acquiring the stuff to roll your own.

When I bought a .45LC in 1988, I bought one of these Lee kits (only it came with dies at that time) and am still using it. For around $120 shipped, you have everything you need. Others may be fancier or beefier, but this has never failed me.

<broken link removed>

If u shoot lead bullets,the Dillon crimp die in 45 colt won't roll crimp ,it's strictly a taper crimp.You can make it work for revolver rounds,but for carbine I like to roll the crimp into the groove.
If you only shoot jacketed ,it'll work fine.
I think RCBS dies can roll crimp,but I use an SDB now so haven't crimped with a 'regular' die in quite a while,SDB's use their own dies.

You think the ammo is high wait till you buy the brass to reload. I load for the cowboy shooters in central Oregon and I have loaded this round for the past 20 some years and every year this brass is twice as high as almopst any other brass. I sold all my old brass that had been shot many times for 25 cents a round..

You are correct in the RCBS dies for 45LC will roll crimp. I have more than paid for the price of the dies by reloading!!

Just a heads up for those who may be reading this thread due to the subject being .45LC. If you are into reloading in the last few weeks I have seen Nosler 250Gr. JHP for $24 per 100 at Bi-Mart. Not as cheap as shooting lead (also reloading using 250gr. laser cast), but still a heck of a lot cheaper then buying a couple of boxes in the stores!!!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top