JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I ddin't reload my 2 would just sit in the safe.no way can I afford that kind of shooting.
I load cast bullets for my colt loads,and save tons of money per box.
Paying for the changeover kit for my 550b bites,but u only pay it once,and the savings just keep adding up.

Agreed. I started reloading to support my .500 S&W habit. Reloads save me $2 per trigger pull on that caliber alone! You can literally pay for the press in one afternoon loading that stuff...

$80 for two boxes? Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. The .460 and .500 Mags are over the top price wise ($56 per 20), but it's over $100 for 2 boxes of .41 Mag at Bi-Mart, and they're probably the best price. I would have expected .45 Colt to cost that much too.

Yes, you need to start acquiring the stuff to roll your own.

When I bought a .45LC in 1988, I bought one of these Lee kits (only it came with dies at that time) and am still using it. For around $120 shipped, you have everything you need. Others may be fancier or beefier, but this has never failed me.

<broken link removed>

If u shoot lead bullets,the Dillon crimp die in 45 colt won't roll crimp ,it's strictly a taper crimp.You can make it work for revolver rounds,but for carbine I like to roll the crimp into the groove.
If you only shoot jacketed ,it'll work fine.
I think RCBS dies can roll crimp,but I use an SDB now so haven't crimped with a 'regular' die in quite a while,SDB's use their own dies.

You think the ammo is high wait till you buy the brass to reload. I load for the cowboy shooters in central Oregon and I have loaded this round for the past 20 some years and every year this brass is twice as high as almopst any other brass. I sold all my old brass that had been shot many times for 25 cents a round..

You are correct in the RCBS dies for 45LC will roll crimp. I have more than paid for the price of the dies by reloading!!

Just a heads up for those who may be reading this thread due to the subject being .45LC. If you are into reloading in the last few weeks I have seen Nosler 250Gr. JHP for $24 per 100 at Bi-Mart. Not as cheap as shooting lead (also reloading using 250gr. laser cast), but still a heck of a lot cheaper then buying a couple of boxes in the stores!!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top