JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
loading a few 45 acp rounds. Noticed two things... a couple pieces of brass are very slightly concave on the primer end. Primer sits fine and cartridge slips right in the cartridge gage. Any problem?
Next, I am loading a 200 gr semi wad lead bullet/ 4.4 gr hp38. In seating the lead to the oal, the lead is in the brass all the way to where the taper starts. any issues? (see picture)

<broken link removed>

HPIM1838.jpg

No issues on the concave end, usually see that on Speer, Blazer and CCI (I think), they'll most likely flatten out after a few cycles regardless. I believe that I read somewhere that it's due to one relatively un-important step being skipped in the manufacture, but I don't have the cite to prove that.

For the rest, can't help you there.

Reload safe.

warren, I wouldn't worry about the concave back end, as long as it's no so deep that the firing pin can't reach the primer, it's not an issue.

As far as seating, one thing you need to check is whether the throat on your gun is tight, if it is having that lead stick out too far can snag and prevent the gun from coming all the way into battery. It looks like you're fine where you are, but it is something to watch out for with that style of bullet.

Just checked and so far all the brass in question are CCI...

No issues on the concave end, usually see that on Speer, Blazer and CCI (I think), they'll most likely flatten out after a few cycles regardless. I believe that I read somewhere that it's due to one relatively un-important step being skipped in the manufacture, but I don't have the cite to prove that.

For the rest, can't help you there.

Reload safe.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews