JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New addition, next to his little brother, 4" Security Six.

20180611_123740.jpg

Oh, and the last time I used the 41mag for silhouette, the rounds weren't always knocking the 200 meter Rams down, even with a solid hit on the upper back.

So I kinda stopped going to those silhouette matches. :(
I used to shoot those Matches with my Smith and Wesson Model 41. As all as my hits were on the upper half they went down just fine.

I'm somewhat new to the .44 Magnum, but I have been mainly shooting 240-grain in the Model 29.
That's the original grain weight that the ".44 Magnum" was designed around. In front of 22-24grs. of 2400 powder was the load that Elmer Keith came up with. I'VE fired my share of the things and found the 22gr. load works well in .44 Special cases while the 24gr. load works great in Magnum cases. The 240gr. bullet can be either a hard cast lead or one of the jacketed ones out there. I'm like Elmer and really like the SWC designs the best.

I used to shoot those Matches with my Smith and Wesson Model 41. As all as my hits were on the upper half they went down just fine.
It was probably more the bullets I was using looking back on things. Plated Bullets probably weren't the best route to go. I see Sierra makes harder Bullets specifically for silhouette shooting. Just haven't gotten around to loading them up and trying them out (bought some for the .44 if I remember correctly).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top