JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is your favorite bullet weight for .44 magnum? I have always been partial to Sierra's 300 gr JSP. A friend gave me a box of 180gr XTPs, and they are fun! Huge fireball, although I haven't tested for accuracy.

240 0r 300 gr XTP, nowadays I only shoot 44 mags out of a rifle. K7gaUTQ.jpg

We used to shoot a lot of Badman lead bullets but the plated seem to leave the guns cleaner. I've been boiling the lube off the Badmans and powder coating them, I like Badman bullets they have always shot well for me

I've got a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag, but haven't had a chance to shooting it yet!
:(

Are you still shooting the 41 mag as well ? I had the stainless Hunter bisley 44 mag but didn't hunt enough with it so we parted ways. My dad always carried his Blackhawk 44 mag when hunting. Nice shooting pistols. Why haven't you shot it yet ?

Are you still shooting the 41 mag as well ? I had the stainless Hunter bisley 44 mag but didn't hunt enough with it so we parted ways. My dad always carried his Blackhawk 44 mag when hunting. Nice shooting pistols. Why haven't you shot it yet ?
Still have the .41 mag, but haven't shot it for quite awhile.

I've been more involved in USPSA and three gun matches as well as precision reloading and long range shooting (rifle).

Add to that the pistol classes I teach and private lessons, and well, I'm kinda short on time for much else since I work 40+ hours a week :D

Oh, and the last time I used the 41mag for silhouette, the rounds weren't always knocking the 200 meter Rams down, even with a solid hit on the upper back.

So I kinda stopped going to those silhouette matches. :(

Depends on where you want to go? Lead 240 SWC for light to medium target loads.
Magnum loads I prefer the lighter 180 or 200 JHP & H110 . Less recoil equals better
accuracy. Noticeably more boom and flash than 240 JHP bullets. I have shot
many thousands of 180 JHP magnum loads in Super Blackhawks and 629s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top