JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a .41 Action Express guy myself. Very similar, it sounds, although the .45 ACP-based round would have more capacity, but at lower pressure. Is this for a 1911 or similar? Dies would be no major problem, but a barrel might be.

Found this article, if it is the one you read. Sounds like SSK might have (had?) barrels?

.41 Avenger | Load Data Article

I'm a .41 Action Express guy myself. Very similar, it sounds, although the .45 ACP-based round would have more capacity, but at lower pressure. Is this for a 1911 or similar? Dies would be no major problem, but a barrel might be.

Found this article, if it is the one you read. Sounds like SSK might have (had?) barrels?

.41 Avenger | Load Data Article

Ya that's the article, I wish they would've shown the whole article without having to be a paying member I found it interesting. And it is a 1911 platform!!
I almost bought IMI 9mm/41.ae but I bought a S&W 610 10 mm revolver instead love that gun. :)
I have a couple of 41. Mags my favorite cal. Besides the 10 mm

Do you reload for the 41.ae. If so I have about 50 pieces of brass that I would be willing to sell or trade!

Stacy

Ya that's the article, I wish they would've shown the whole article without having to be a paying member I found it interesting. And it is a 1911 platform!!
I almost bought IMI 9mm/41.ae but I bought a S&W 610 10 mm revolver instead love that gun. :)
I have a couple of 41. Mags my favorite cal. Besides the 10 mm

Do you reload for the 41.ae. If so I have about 50 pieces of brass that I would be willing to sell or trade!

Stacy
I always liked the .41 AE, as it was the absolute largest that a 9mm platform could be hot-rodded. After 30 years, finally picked up a conversion kit for a High Power clone. In the process of fitting the barrel and prepping some cases. I will always consider extra brass. Please send a PM with the details.

EDIT: I see that a 9mm Action Express was also developed - years ahead of the .357 Sig. If you are into wildcatting, how about a .41/.460 Rowland? That would fully equal the .41 Mag, but in a 1911 platform.My mind going crazy, how about a Remington RP45 with 15+1 capacity. I think that might test the polymer to the max.

Last Edited:

EDIT: If you are into wildcatting, how about a .41/.460 Rowland? That would fully equal the .41 Mag, but in a 1911 platform.My mind going crazy, how about a Remington RP45 with 15+1 capacity. I think that might test the polymer to the max.

.41/.460 Rowland would be cool just for 1911 platform :)

Im just getting into wildcat cartridges, there's a guy from back east that has a thread on hear that he started a couple of yes ago about big bore rifle wildcatting it a good read he posts on it every few months

Stacy

While it seems interesting, it requires either cutting down and resizing either .308 Winchester and or .45 Winchester Magnum brass to make it worth your while. Volume production brass could be manufactured by Starline, but at what cost? This is a nice, yet expensive, venture into a "wildcat" cartridge. (You can also buy .451 Detonics Magnum casings and neck them down for use). I don't know if you could use .45 Super brass, but I can't see how (or why) it wouldn't work.

I believe that the .41 Action Express would be easier. (I can understand that it isn't what you want to hear, but it is the best that I can do).

I offered the .41 Special cartridge in another thread. Brass is readily available from Starline and your .41 Remington Magnum dies can be used to load the cartridge.

Do what you think best, but it just may be a "reach" to begin loading and using and "handload only" proposition.

Good luck to you!

Last Edited:
While it seems interesting, it requires either cutting down and resizing either .308 Winchester and or .45 Winchester Magnum brass to make it worth your while. Volume production brass could be manufactured by Starline, but at what cost? This is a nice, yet expensive, venture into a "wildcat" cartridge. (You can also buy .451 Detonics Magnum casings and neck them down for use). I don't know if you could use .45 Super brass, but I can't see how (or why) it wouldn't work.

In the article he said any .45 brass would work but the.451 Detonics Magnum brass works best for heavy loads.
Out of anyone else on this forum i thought this would catch your attention just because i no you like the .41 mag/special so much!
Did you get a chance to read the article i posted in my 1st post
Ya i have some .41 special brass that i shoot in my model 58

Stacy

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I have a 41 Avenger conversion built up on a Springfield Armory pistol.
Here's a pic of a round loaded with the 190gr Hornady FTX.

Tony

h9mQU5l.jpg

After my lengthy/expensive/fruitless/disappointing experience years ago with the '38/45 Clerke' wildcat of the era, the result translated into zero interest in necked down anything.

It took considerable exposure to become convinced the 17 HMR was actually a reliable configuration.

yes, YMMV, enjoy:cool:

Tokarev 7.62X25. Bottlenecked cartridge that is so utterly reliable that you can feed it slow motion, even through the Chinese copies, with without a hitch. The larger, stubbier cartridges, maybe not so much.

Was wondering about the compatibility of the 190 FTX with .41 AE. Many heavier .41 bullets seat too deeply, getting into the web and cause a bulge in the case.

I have a 41AE as well, but have never tried the 190 FTX in it. I also have bottle neck pistol barrels/guns in 38/45 Clerke, 400 Corbon, 40 Super, 357 Auto Mag, 9x25 Dillon, 357 Sig, 22 TCM9R....and probably more that I have forgot about.

Despite popular belief that bottle neck pistol cartridges inherently feed better, that is not the case. Anyone that repeats that BS, doesn't have much experience.

Tony

A few of us have a soft spot for orphans. All of my calibers are mainstream, except for the .41 Action Express kit that I picked up for a High-Power clone. Just corked up my first 50 rounds with Sierra 170 grainers.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top