JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've fired 20k plus rounds out of my glock 29, 22k out of my glock 23, 12k rounds out of my sti in .40 and have run a ump in 40 for work. Never had an issue. All but the ump have been hand loads. I love the .40.

So if it takes 3 of 4 follow up shots of 9mm to do the job of one shot of the lessor caliber 40 s&w and the 9mm wears out in twice the number of rounds as the 40, that still makes the 9 wear out fast than the 40.
The internet dork balistics tester consensus is that .40 isn't even close to being that much better than 9. But if you like .40, that's great.

Edit:
"This stopping power conclusion is further supported by a 1992 Ohio police study which found that the 9mm bullet required 2.45 rounds fired to incapacitate an assailant. The .40 S&W, on the other hand, required only 2.36 rounds on average to achieve incapacitation."

Last Edited:
65 posts in and not a single person has commented on the .40 being "snappy".
im-so-happy.jpg

Just my personal experience is my G22 'felt' blocky compared to my G17 even with a conversion barrel and I did inadvertently swap the slides once, so yeah the lower frames are the same! I prefer the G23 with the addition of the 9mm and .357 sig options (recommend an adjustable rear sight). 40 in a 10mm 1911 is a sweet shooter (get the 40 mag for it).

I'm not trying to compel (or even convince) you, oremike, to do anything. I wasn't even arguing the validity of the point that .40 causes more wear on firearms, and I was only mentioning that's A reason often cited for LEAs switching to 9mm. In response, you threw down with some bs folk wisdom about one shot .40 vs. four shot 9mm. I was only calling BS on that folk wisdom based on reading I've done, not trying to force you to do anything. Sure .40 definitely has more "umpfh", so shoot it if you like.

Another article:

Last Edited:
I own a XD40 Service Mod 2 4" and 357 barrel, two XD40 Sub Compacts Mod 2 3", XDS40, XDS40 Mod 2, S&W M&P40C 4" and 3.6" with a 357-conversion barrel and a S&W Shield40 1.0, HK USP40, Taurus G2C in forty, a Charter Arms Pitbull revolver in forty and finally a Hi-Point JCP 40.

I like forties.

Edit: Missed one, Walther PPX 40, I have used the PPX40 and a XD40, and XD357 in courses

Last Edited:
I own a XD40 Service Mod 2 4" and 357 barrel, two XD40 Sub Compacts Mod 2 3", XDS40, XDS40 Mod 2, S&W M&P40C 4" and 3.6" with a 357-conversion barrel and a S&W Shield40 1.0, HK USP40, Taurus G2C in forty, a Charter Arms Pitbull revolver in forty and finally a Hi-Point JCP 40.

I like forties.
Yes you do!!!

I know this question is off topic of my thread but here goes. How has switched from M&P .40 to the Glock 22 or 23 and vise versa. I have M&P 9's but wanting a .40 as well. Had a Glock 22 and traded it for the current full-size M&P 9. Didn't really care for the G22 just felt very blocky and uncomfortable in my hands. M&P's are more ergo friendly for me. But I would imagine I could get comfortable with a Glock with practice. I would prefer the G23 if I got a Glock. But any.40 is hard to find.

I know this question is off topic of my thread but here goes. How has switched from M&P .40 to the Glock 22 or 23 and vise versa. I have M&P 9's but wanting a .40 as well. Had a Glock 22 and traded it for the current full-size M&P 9. Didn't really care for the G22 just felt very blocky and uncomfortable in my hands. M&P's are more ergo friendly for me. But I would imagine I could get comfortable with a Glock with practice. I would prefer the G23 if I got a Glock. But any.40 is hard to find.
This place online has a good selection of 40 S&W, I own this model

The Glock 22 comes with two 15-round mags, and aftermarket 15-round mags are available for the Glock 23 but it only comes with two 13-round mags), the weight, the barrel length and the length of the sight radius.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top