JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If true I do not know how these deputies can live with their cowardice. I think they should have the word "coward" carved into their fore heads. They need to be reminded of thier cowardice each time they look in the mirror.

Yeah I would assume that several peoples first name is Israel
Just a guess.
Yeah, same!

All I know is if you don't do the job you are supposed to do there should be penalties that reflect the harm done by failing to do the task you were supposed to do.
If their job was to wait outside to wait for backup, maybe we should address that. If their job was to confront the threat, they should be terminated and their benefits considered being removed.

Don't know what Israel has to do with it but I will take your word for it.

Scott Israel... the elected Sheriff of Broward County. The big Kahuna. The Leader of the Pak. And BTW sh*t rolls downhill.

Yah, IDK if this story is a total disaster, maybe these guys were the ones who followed the perp and arrested him.

Sounds like a massive clusterbubblegum of incompetence on multiple levels and countless missed opportunities to stop this before it started. Someone hurry and take my AR to keep this happening again.

While not entering a night club to save innocents is bad, not entering a school to save children is inexcusable. :mad:

And their department will pay the price big time with the lawsuits that will surely be filed.

I think about trained law enforcement people, and how they were cowards. Then I think about training teachers to carry, as many have suggested. I think about the personalities of those wanting to teach and those wanting to serve as law enforcement. And I think there are some fundamental differences. Positively, most teachers want to guide and mentor youth. And most law enforcement want to serve and protect. But something went very wrong. If this can happen to trained law enforcement people then how are teachers going to react? Some really good people just cant pull the trigger, and yes, I try and understand. Teachers are by and large good people, but I fear a goodly number don't want to participate to this level. This is like so many current problems, there is just no easy answer. It's even more difficult to find meaningful solutions when strong emotions are tied to the issue.

I think about trained law enforcement people, and how they were cowards. Then I think about training teachers to carry, as many have suggested. I think about the personalities of those wanting to teach and those wanting to serve as law enforcement. And I think there are some fundamental differences. Positively, most teachers want to guide and mentor youth. And most law enforcement want to serve and protect. But something went very wrong. If this can happen to trained law enforcement people then how are teachers going to react? Some really good people just cant pull the trigger, and yes, I try and understand. Teachers are by and large good people, but I fear a goodly number don't want to participate to this level. This is like so many current problems, there is just no easy answer. It's even more difficult to find meaningful solutions when strong emotions are tied to the issue.
They were probably just waiting for backup. oof.
And you forgot one little tidbit, you literally can't afford to wait for backup if a gun is in your face, even if you're close to your cushy retirement.

I've know some fireman that would have gone inside that school without vests and firearms if they thought they could help save a life.

Last Edited:
The difference is most teachers love their children students and will be protective of them. Not all teachers have the mental ability to carry and act in a situation like this, but a few do. For those few, give them a chance to try.

I don't think anyone is talking about forcing the 75yo librarian with rheumatoid arthritis and the overweight counselor to go through SEAL and counter terrorism training, and forming a quick reaction force. But if someone is trying to shoot their way into a classroom, why not allow teachers to make a personal decision on whether they want to get trained and carry rather than being forced to use their own bodies as a bullet catch to save kids?

I don't think anyone is talking about forcing the 75yo librarian with rheumatoid arthritis and the overweight counselor going through SEAL and counter terrorism training, and forming a quick reaction force. But if someone is trying to shoot their way into a classroom, why not allow teachers to make a personal decision on whether they want to get trained and carry rather than being forced to use their own bodies as a bullet catch to save kids?
I am not suggesting that they be "forced" to do anything.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top