JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rad 45 should be awesome. The list of calibers is impressive. There is a video of a guy shooting 9mm through rad 9 and then through rad 45 and there is very little difference in sound. The modularity and flow baffles are a big bonus too.
View attachment 1864613
The biggest draw to me is that it's a .45 can that specifically names 10mm as acceptable. Many other .45 options don't say it in writing despite things like .357 and .44 mag being listed as ok. I fully intend to suppress 10mm so it's an important piece of paperwork in my eyes

@Andy54Hawken I'm gonna need you to ban this man for setting a bad example for the rest of the community.
To buy or not to buy....
That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The pains of an empty wallet.
Or to take up arms against an angry better half...

Or in the words of Paul Masson....sort of...
I shall ban no man, before his time....:D
Andy

To buy or not to buy....
That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The pains of an empty wallet.
Or to take up arms against an angry better half...

Or in the words of Paul Masson....sort of...
I shall ban no man, before his time....:D
Andy
He's a poet, and did not no it!

I hope that made your brain hurt.

The biggest draw to me is that it's a .45 can that specifically names 10mm as acceptable. Many other .45 options don't say it in writing despite things like .357 and .44 mag being listed as ok. I fully intend to suppress 10mm so it's an important piece of paperwork in my eyes
If I owned a 10mm or .45 acp this would be the #1 can on my list. I hope to receive the rad 9 in the mail this week or next.

I dunno, first all the questionable posts on the meme threads, then this disgusting display of fiscal responsibility, what's it take to get a guy banned around here?

I'm tempted to get the ventum 7.62 can but I don't think I would use it enough to justify it. Removable 3d printed Ti core, flow through.

B42EBE6B-036D-48F4-A462-D9C06EC08FC5.png
The flow 556 etc have been popular in military circles and the fbi hostage rescue team awarded them a 4.9 million contract for the flow 556 but I like the combo of rigid tube and removable titanium core. I did order their flow 22 which is basically a mini flow 556 (ie 1 piece 3d printed Ti) so we'll see what that's like.

Last Edited:
I'm tempted to get the ventum 7.62 can but I don't think I would use it enough to justify it. Removable 3d printed Ti core, flow through.

View attachment 1864638
The flow 556 etc have been popular in military circles and the fbi hostage rescue team awarded them a 4.9 million contract for the flow 556 but I like the combo of rigid tube and removable titanium core. I did order their flow 22 which is basically a mini flow 556 (ie 1 piece 3d printed Ti) so we'll see what that's like.
I own a ventum 7.62, it's every bit as good as they say. Could not recommend higher.

Those are the ones I found that I have to convince the wife to let me get. Glad there is someone else out there that is recommending them and uses them.
One of the things I like about it is if there is a baffle strike or something the serialized part won't change when you get a replacement, only the core (unserialized). Vs with the flow .22 it's all one piece. The steel tube plus 3d printed flow-through core of the ventum seems pretty ideal to me.

Looks like the models that are left on silencer shop are generally the modular "erector" type cans and the very specialized/expensive. Interesting to see what people don't want, should tell the industry something

Ok, while we are deep into this discussion, does anyone know of a somewhat comprehensive silencer specs site? I have been struggling to find exactly what I want for various cans, especially for my more oddball builds. I would love it if there was somewhere that had all the concrete specs right at the top;

Length
Width
Bore
Material
Weight
Caliber rating
Native mounting system
Baffle type and number
User serviceability
Back-pressure rating
DB rating
Additional features
Etc.

Half the manufacturers don't even include many of these specs on their own site, let alone a way to sort by them, and I find it super annoying. I really want a place that has all this listed for comparative purposes, would make shopping around way easier. . .

Ok, while we are deep into this discussion, does anyone know of a somewhat comprehensive silencer specs site? I have been struggling to find exactly what I want for various cans, especially for my more oddball builds. I would love it if there was somewhere that had all the concrete specs right at the top;

Length
Width
Bore
Material
Weight
Caliber rating
Native mounting system
Baffle type and number
User serviceability
Back-pressure rating
DB rating
Additional features
Etc.

Half the manufacturers don't even include many of these specs on their own site, let alone a way to sort by them, and I find it super annoying. I really want a place that has all this listed for comparative purposes, would make shopping around way easier. . .
@P7M13 posted a link to a site like that a while ago I think...
Thread 'Want a Silencer but need help choosing?' https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/want-a-silencer-but-need-help-choosing.469193/

Length
Width
Bore
Material
Weight
Caliber rating
Native mounting system
Baffle type and number
User serviceability
Back-pressure rating
DB rating
Additional features
Etc.

This is probably the best "single source" out there

Length
Width
Bore
Material
Weight
Caliber rating
Native mounting system
Baffle type and number
User serviceability
Back-pressure rating
DB rating
Additional features
Etc.

There is one that has a huge huge list. I'm not sure how up to date it is. But it's a big database. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: I think this is it, I recall at the time I was looking for 9mm cans that are small enough diameter that it wouldn't need suppressor sights.

Last Edited:
lol. Finding the right silencer is like finding the right woman at a truck stop bathroom.

Like powers to be of websites, you just keep trying till you find the right hole. Sooner or later you'll have enough and settle for something worthwhile.

Oh and there isn't one that suits every need.

View attachment 1864638
That will most likely be my next suppressor, just need to let the bank account stop smoking a bit. Either that or another SilencerCo Velos- I have the 556 one, wouldn't mind getting the 30 cal version. Oh and the new SiCo Spectre 9. Oh and the Resilient Putnik . . . Man I need to win the lottery . . . ;-)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top