JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a chute for the Harbor Freight cutoff saw and brass jig that I use to make 300blk.

The 223 necks and most of the brass 'glitter' gets vacuumed up. The cut brass drops into a bucket (not in pic) on the floor next to my bench. No more stopping to clear out a pile of brass and its much much cleaner!

20200517_101609.jpg
20200517_101622.jpg

Nice! We need more .300 blk loaders out there too. I sware I think HF only imports those little cut off saws just for the home .300blk out fab market.

Cool deal on the 3D printer its fun having the power to knock out something that is helpful that is for sure!

Funny thing about my .3ooBLK, I only cut about 100 cases. Most expensive cases I've ever prepped.

Funny thing about my .3ooBLK, I only cut about 100 cases. Most expensive cases I've ever prepped.

I have enough 223/556 cases coming into the shop that have neck and shoulder defects that the bucket fills up quickly and I have to pull off prepping 223/556 and start to convert them. It's a labor of love to make something into something else...:D But dagnabit it sure can wait till after :s0071::s0071::s0071:...:p

Are you going to market this?:)
I built a small retainer wall around my chopsaw to catch most of those little cut off but a few seem to show up everywhere on the shop floor.:p:p:p

I could be persuaded. The hardest part was the design and getting the air flow correct for my little shop vac.....printing is easy, it just takes time. PM me.

Cool. Can't wait. I've been needing to pull out the 3D printer and start printing again. Last prints were for Dillion pin holders and magazine followers for 458 Socom.

If the file is for sale let me know how much you charge to share it. My 16 year old is printing all manner of stuff.

View attachment 707464 View attachment 707465

Caveman Jim is trying out my design to see if it will work with a slightly different cutoff jig so we'll see. I wish I could remember the name of my jig...bought it second hand.

What type of filament did you use for the grip? I'm curious how it holds up.

It's abs, i wonder the Same.
If he does it again ill ask him to add a little more material to it up near the attaching end, seems too thin for a duty weapon.
Probably be fine at the range.

Caveman Jim is trying out my design to see if it will work with a slightly different cutoff jig so we'll see. I wish I could remember the name of my jig...bought it second hand.

What type of filament did you use for the grip? I'm curious how it holds up.

Well Kevin, I finally got around to fiddling with the black out extraction jig. The only problem I had with the setup was it did not line up with the brass pass through hole so I just elongated holes enough to move it back a tad to get the brass to go through it regularly. So far it's working like a champ and there is no mess!!! :D:D:D

I did this because I did not want to have to readjust the cut off jig itself because it is a PITA to get set at the proper length. My jig is from Zep reloading (vz58 is his handle at http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/index.php).
The reason I opted to go with his design is it has a detent ball that holds the case in at the perfect angle and once you cut the case and then push a new case in there it ejects it, that was a plus in my book for this jig.

You have a very good design going here because it's so easy to adjust.

Thanks so much for letting me be the first person to test this jig!!!;)

988D8904-4DD8-4713-A0FF-C86BCC90C159.jpeg

C69E5A68-008C-4802-BC80-DD84972034C1.jpeg

That's where I got my jig also, David is a good guy to deal with. There is a lot of good information on that site!!!

I do feel that for some jigs the setup calls for adjusting forward, backwards & side to side so I agree that the holes should be enlarged.

I did notice that some cuts were very jerky and some were really fast and smooth, probably the reason for the sticking problem I was experiencing after I wrote my post. Some cases had jagged edges and I believe that they were catching on the blue jig. I have not pulled it off to check for signs of scratches but will do that later on.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads