JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ok so been looking for a .380 to buy for myself but I dont want something super small to keep in a pocket or anything I want something that has a little size to it. My local shops dont have much of a selection for this caliber besides a small compact size pistol. So my quesiton for you guys what larger .380 pistols are there on the market???

Just out of curiosity why do you want that caliber in a larger frame? The .380 makes lots of sense in a very compact gun but if you are looking for a little bigger frame the 9mm has a lot more energy then the .380.

Well I want a larger frame with that small caliber because first I like to have a good feel in my hand and a lot of these small compact pistols don't feel comfortable in my hand I like just a little larger frame but I also want the small caliber for my gf who I want to get into shooting and a small caliber starting out wont scare her away with a lot of recoil

Best .380 on the market is the sig P238, if you want to go to a 9mm then the Sig 938 is a good carry gun. Both are very easy to carry and a pleasure to shoot for practice as one should do with a carry gun. Many well built .380's are not fun to shoot but the sig P238 is.

Your girlfriend can handle a 40 S&W and a 45acp she just doesn't know it. A steel frame Karh in 9mm will be zero issue with regard to recoil.

BTW my daughter has been shooting full size, powerful handguns since she was twelve. Glock 9s and 40s, 1911 45acps and 357 mag S&W revolvers. She's even shot my 44 mags She is now 20 (somehow she survived the ordeal) has her own place and still shoots with me. It ain't no thing.

Lol that's awesome your daughter shoots with you like that, my gf shot my glock .40 and she said the recoil was to much, maybe one day she will be fine with shooting larger caliber but for now I want her to have something small but also something I will enjoy to take out as well. I have been searching your suggestions so thanks for all the tips I have quite a few to choose from now

Have you considered the Makarov? 9x18 Mak is in the same class as the .380, and it seems like all ammo is having availability issues. The Mak is a nice balance of size, shootability, and upper level mousegun power.

Well I want a larger frame with that small caliber because first I like to have a good feel in my hand and a lot of these small compact pistols don't feel comfortable in my hand I like just a little larger frame but I also want the small caliber for my gf who I want to get into shooting and a small caliber starting out wont scare her away with a lot of recoil

Regarding recoil from your GF's perspective, most .380 Autos use a blowback autoloading system, which in my experience recoils much harder than a standard recoil system. I have a Beretta 84 with a blowback system and it kicks like a mule compared to any of my 9mm pistols(that pistol's up for sale). The P238, which I also own does not use the blowback system and is a great shooter, but likely too small to feel comfortable in your hands (but I bet your GF would love the fit.

As others have mentioned, 9mm is much less expensive to shoot that .380 and there is really no advantage to .380 over 9mm at this point.

Your girlfriend can handle a 40 S&W and a 45acp she just doesn't know it.

My wife shot my glock 23 (.40) when I had it, and she loved it. She currently shoots a 357 Blackhawk with fullhouse loads. However, she can't stand shooting my S&W Airweight 38 with +P. Go with 9mm or larger if you are getting a full sized firearmm

The best shooting .380 in my opinion is the CZ83, second is the P238. My woman chose the p238 as it's easier to carry, but her comment when shooting the CZ83 was " I LIKE THAT!". However, she made almost the same comment after a class where she used a Glock 19.

Don't forget the Bersa .380. It's a Walther PPK clone that's cheap,incredibly reliable, steel slide, and steel or alloy framed, and comes in many models, concealed including a concealed carry configuration, all for about $350. Made in Argentina but lifetime warrantied with US repair facilities. I've had three Bersas and they've all been exceptional weapons, especially for the price. I was in Brightwater Ventures today and they had a nice duotone model. Won't last long.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Sorry it took so long to mention, but i really loke to carry my stainless ppk/s iwb. Good weight, grip with the pinky extension and size is small enough the wife can never tell i am carrying until..... Well the pistol is nice.

There's not much better than a .22 LR handgun for not scaring people away from shooting. It's even better once you get a suppressor on it. :D

ok so been looking for a .380 to buy for myself but I dont want something super small to keep in a pocket or anything I want something that has a little size to it. My local shops dont have much of a selection for this caliber besides a small compact size pistol. So my quesiton for you guys what larger .380 pistols are there on the market???

I have a Bersa model 86. It is a full size but not huge double stacked pistol. Check it out. That model is no longer made but many parts are interchangeable with more current models. Mine is for sale and comes with a zippered. fleece lined leather case and 2 mags. A 13 and a 15 round. In Washington state

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top