JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesss! I feel like a kid at Christmas! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't picking a lemon. I really appreciate all the input, Thanks All.

Congrats! That's a nice gun I'm sure you will enjoy.
Some might not comment favorably about it having a lock on it, but we've never had a problem with a gun that does, so WTF?
Have fun with that baby!

Eddie enjoy the gun. It looks like it will be fun to shoot.

I'd never own a Smith for the lock even if it functions 100% on every gun they ever made. I just can't support a gun company who compomises or buckles in any way to the anti gunners.

Eddie enjoy the gun. It looks like it will be fun to shoot.

I'd never own a Smith for the lock even if it functions 100% on every gun they ever made. I just can't support a gun company who compomises or buckles in any way to the anti gunners.

That made me look at all my revolvers, I do have one S&W with the pesky lock. My Ruger, Colt, NAA, Charter Arms and Taurus are lock free. I'll keep the Smith anyway though.

I have an S&W L-Frame 686-1 with a 6" barrel that I have had for 26 years. I've shot 1000s of rounds through it over the years. I bought a Galco leather shoulder holster for it.

BTW my little femmy wife carries and shoots a full power S & W .357 M65 3 inch heavy barrel.. 125 grain JHPs..very well.. at one time it was the stopping power king for CCW pistols. I have to kenspeckle~eye any male who thinks it's too powerful

And its my 1st choice for a "carrying around" .357 from among all of mine:

65-5.jpg

65-5.jpg

From my research the Security Six is superior to the GP100. Some have claimed that the reason it was discontinued and the GP100 created as a replacement is cost. Ruger was spending too much on making it.
I don't have a GP100 so I cannot compare, but I do have a Security Six in ss and think very highly of it. The only thing I did not like was the original grips (too small) so replacements are required (but cheap).

I also own a Python and S&W 19, and if I could only keep one 38/357 it would be the Ruger
The fatal flaw with the Sec Six it the ejector rod is to short to fully eject 357 cases.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top