JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What we really need to do is figure out a way to use the 6.5G as a projectile for the .300WM! Maybe a delayed ignition to extend your range, or ignition on impact to ensure penetration... We can call it the .300 Wendel Mag!

So, what do you guys think?
:s0030:

:D

I think it has been done - 6.5mm Remington Magnum both have linage to the granddaddy of belted magnums, the 375 H&H

Totally.....a .223 with a 69 GR smk or 75 GR will bang steel at 800 EASY. I own a custom made rem 700 with a 1/8 twist, bell and Carlson stock. Shoots like a laser out to 700 yards. Learning to reload opens up another world of shooting, all kinds...long range, hunting, handgun, cowboy action....best hobby ever, besides women:)

Nah! Don't y'all know bullets literally stop and fall out of the air at a certain distance!? 223 stops at 400 yards! 308 can't possibly go past 800 yards! And I definitely don't have a friend who likes to shoot 12 in steel plates at 400 yards with his .22lr (with about 20 feet of hold).

Did it leave a mark?

I have punched through old scsi hard drives at 1k with my 6mm CM
Im not really a hunter, but that seems reasonably tough, for what its worth.

I have been very happy with mine for that last 7 years (was an BIG improvement over 800m+ drop with 308 still worked just dropped a lot)

My 10 cents

The best part about combining these new projectiles like the Nosler ABLR, Swift Scirocco, or Barnes bullets with the 6.5 Grendel is that they make a 12"-12.5" Grendel into a viable hunting platform.

I'd love to see someone try hunting with a 12" .300 Win Mag! :p
It's a NFA legal flame thrower.... but only if you use a brace not a stock...ouch

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top