JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Next time we get some trigger time I'm bringing my CTR 6.5CM and you're gonna shoot it. And like it damnit! :p

Magnum length action.
And that right there is where the 6.5 Grendel (aka 6.5 Creedless) shines!

It will never match up to a .300 Win Mag, but it is one of the best long range cartridges available that will fit into the standard AR-15 platform.

Heck, even the lowly .243 is good for punching paper or ringing steel at 1,000 yards. Who needs a .300 Win Mag? :p

I can buy into that!:D
With new bullet designs and materials, the real game changer is in the Bronze solids like the Barnes TSX types with very long for caliber bullets getting the very high B.C's for bullet weight!

I can buy into that!:D
With new bullet designs and materials, the real game changer is in the Bronze solids like the Barnes TSX types with very long for caliber bullets getting the very high B.C's for bullet weight!
My personal favorite projectile right now, though I haven't had a chance to test any yet, is the Nosler AccuBond Long Range.

AccuBond Long Range Bullet | Nosler - Bullets, Brass, Ammunition & Rifles

In addition to an incredible ballistic coefficient, they managed to lower the velocity threshold for expansion down to 1,300 fps instead of the regular 1,800 fps.

I have a few boxes to load up, I just need to find the time.

I'm running the Swift Scrioccos prettty much across the board, Man do they fly strait, buck the wind very well, and hit HARD!
Getting serious performance out of my 6.5's and my .30/06 and .300 W.M. with these bullets, they really re define what a hunting bullet vs a match bullet can do! Bonus is they are cheaper then the SMK's, making them the all around bullet for almost every need!

The best part about combining these new projectiles like the Nosler ABLR, Swift Scirocco, or Barnes bullets with the 6.5 Grendel is that they make a 12"-12.5" Grendel into a viable hunting platform.

I'd love to see someone try hunting with a 12" .300 Win Mag! :p

Quite true!:)
IMG_20190410_124158.jpg

Sexy, isn't it? :D

The best part about combining these new projectiles like the Nosler ABLR, Swift Scirocco, or Barnes bullets with the 6.5 Grendel is that they make a 12"-12.5" Grendel into a viable hunting platform.

I'd love to see someone try hunting with a 12" .300 Win Mag! :p

Why would anyone want to hunt with something so anemic? (Says the guy who has used a 338 for mule deer).

Why would anyone want to hunt with something so anemic? (Says the guy who has used a 338 for mule deer).
Cost. :(

200 rds per lb of powder is a lot better than 100.

Besides, people have been hunting with .30-30s for over a century now to good effect. I don't know if your deer have somehow evolved a form of natural hardened armor, but all the ones I've seen are still as thin-skinned as ever. :p

I've been following LRRPF52's projects for a while now on Arfcom. Considering he pretty much wrote the book on 6.5 Grendel (Seriously, he did! I need to pick up a copy of his reloading manuals.), I basically consider him the SME on all things Grendel.

I love his comparison to the AKM, as that's how I often describe the cartridge to people. It's basically a 6.5x39.

I haven't had a chance to play with it at long range yet, but my 18" Grendel makes the 300 yard steel targets at Tri-County seem almost too easy.

I'm still a big fan of .300 Win Mag, and had been planning on getting one for years. I had brass, dies, and ammo already, but just recently decided to give up on that dream and sold the ammo. :(

I figure 6.5 for deer and .308 for elk and bear should still cover my needs just fine, or at least I hope so.
:s0092:

Cost. :(

200 rds per lb of powder is a lot better than 100.

Besides, people have been hunting with .30-30s for over a century now to good effect. I don't know if your deer have somehow evolved a form of natural hardened armor, but all the ones I've seen are still as thin-skinned as ever. :p

I fish the same way. Some flea flicker uses 2# tippet, I use 60# braid and an 8:1 gear ratio.

Its exactly that, it's parent case is .220 Russian which it's parent case is 7.62x39.
People tend to get confused and keep trying to think of it in comparison to the 5.56. Once you say 7.62x39 the light comes on, but if you say .220 Russian they're even more confused than when they started!

It really is a great cartridge in my opinion. It gives you the weight, accuracy, and modularity of an AR, power equal to or greater than the AK, and the ballistic coefficient to really reach out there a ways.

What we really need to do is figure out a way to use the 6.5G as a projectile for the .300WM! Maybe a delayed ignition to extend your range, or ignition on impact to ensure penetration... We can call it the .300 Wendel Mag!

So, what do you guys think?
:s0030:

:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads