JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pistol length gas system is the best way to go to reliably cycle subs and supersonic ammo. If you had no intention of using sub ammo through it then a carbine gas system would be fine.

Good stuff guys!!! I'm trying to decide if I want to use the 300BO caliber in two classes, a 16" complete DI upper for small game like deer and SD and in a pistol w 10.5" barrel for a trunk gun but I'm still on the fence with the XTAR XMP556 for its small profile (but still a 223/5.56).... decisions decisions decisions;)

Just wanting to make sure I get the right barrel to put on the pistol length gas tube on.
Will this work for my rifle build and what buffer weight is needed?
As aways, thanks in advance.;)

<broken link removed>

That is a weird 5.56 pistol. o_O I want one.

But I forgot to mention it, that would be the barrel for a pistol length gas tube. And it would work. Is there a reason you want a heavy barrel? Just wondering.

I like the heavy barrels for bench rest shooting & will be hunting from a ground blind.
It will not add to much weight to the rifle & if it does get heavy I'll just ask the kid to carry it for a while...:eek::eek::eek::p

I'm in the process of building a 6.5 Grendel for my fathers birthday in march. Has pretty good knock done power and weight for both your needs, also reaches out to a 1000 yards. Are you wanting the BO for reloading purposes or subsonic shooting ?

I'm in the process of building a 6.5 Grendel for my fathers birthday in march. Has pretty good knock done power and weight for both your needs, also reaches out to a 1000 yards. Are you wanting the BO for reloading purposes or subsonic shooting ?

I'm actually exploring and have tons of 223 that have dents on the collars so would be great if I can use them plus the only thing I have to change on a spare 223 upper is the barrel. It's a cheap way for me to use baby steps before I go hog wild and have to buy a bunch of other reloading stuff & a bigger safe...lol
I plan to get back into deer hunting in the future & want to build my hunting rifle.

Makes sense, good luck with your planning ;)

I'm actually exploring and have tons of 223 that have dents on the collars so would be great if I can use them plus the only thing I have to change on a spare 223 upper is the barrel. It's a cheap way for me to use baby steps before I go hog wild and have to buy a bunch of other reloading stuff & a bigger safe...lol
I plan to get back into deer hunting in the future & want to build my hunting rifle.

Thanks to all who chimed in with correct, educated and factual advice. I received the last of the parts for my build AR pistol. Now waiting for the 5Dtactical 80% jig and AR armorers punch kit from Brownells.:cool:
I'm ready to get giggity with it!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::p

IMG_1017.GIF

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews