JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nextdoor? I joined them a while back. Then i got ganged up on by some of my "so called neighbors" when I mentioned that I liked the new neighborhood Walmart that had just opened up. One of them started trying to figure out who exactly I was (I signed up with a pseudonym). They took it far enough as to report me that I wasn't using my real name. When Nextdoor said that I would have to use my real name or they will terminate my account I told them to go whistle. When I pointed out the other people who were using
pseudonyms they didn't want to hear it.
I was by no means a troll. Everything was actually going pretty well until the anti-Walmart people decided to become militant. Screw nextdoor, they can have it. I had a lot of support from my true neighbors who were on there.
Book face and nextdoor... I wish a mighty EMP upon both of them.

I've been online since before the internet was publicly accessible.

I was on Compuserve back when it allowed searching the internet.

I quickly learned to not publicly share personally identifiable info, including my name.

There is always someone who does not like what you say enough to try to make life difficult for you.

My wife signed up, it is pretty much a place to hear people bubblegum about dogs barking and passive aggressive comments. It does serve some good, like the posts about break ins and suspecious cars/people. She begged me to sign up, so I did as Mr. Un Known. Had them mail me the verification so I didnt have to put my email.

Since I'm a city dweller who relies on natural gas and/or electricity to heat my home, that is the biggest concern I have should the Big One occur in the winter. I can plan for all the other things, but without a wood stove/fireplace or gas heat with a large propane storage tank, this is the sticking point for me.

I did convert my gas fireplace insert to propane and have two 10-gallon tanks outside, and I could probably use my tent heater to warm a single room of my house after walling it off with blankets stapled to the ceiling, but that's only going to last so long.

I've been online since before the internet was publicly accessible.

I was on Compuserve back when it allowed searching the internet.

I quickly learned to not publicly share personally identifiable info, including my name.

There is always someone who does not like what you say enough to try to make life difficult for you.
I remember Compuserve. Back in those days you could find lists of people which often included DOB's and SSN's. Identity theft was an under developed concept.

Nextdoor? I joined them a while back. Then i got ganged up on by some of my "so called neighbors" when I mentioned that I liked the new neighborhood Walmart that had just opened up. One of them started trying to figure out who exactly I was (I signed up with a pseudonym). They took it far enough as to report me that I wasn't using my real name. When Nextdoor said that I would have to use my real name or they will terminate my account I told them to go whistle. When I pointed out the other people who were using
pseudonyms they didn't want to hear it.
I was by no means a troll. Everything was actually going pretty well until the anti-Walmart people decided to become militant. Screw nextdoor, they can have it. I had a lot of support from my true neighbors who were on there.
Book face and nextdoor... I wish a mighty EMP upon both of them.
I had that happen with the Nextdoor at our family vacation house. Someone said that They just heard a gunshot and it sounded like a .22. I said it could be a .22 or a suppressed centerfire or other rimfire round and that it wouldn't hurt to take out a few coyotes from the area especially since they are nonnative to the region (They love the deer and love the coyotes. Wait... What?) Then someone said that I was wrong and posted a link to a article about how paintings of coyotes had been found in Native American campsites. I posted a link about a study from Stanford about the western explanation of coyotes and a link to a website about how to differentiate wolves and coyotes. Never got a reply.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews