JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love this....Looking to start competing in 2018.... trying to practice to where I can get to any kind of level to play.... Gets my heart rate up just getting exciting watching this. Any tips or tricks? Do's or dont's? Thanks!

Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast

No clue....Just practicing now finding what gear works, what I like/dont like, etc.

Open to ideas or suggestions :)
So that's the first thing you're going to have to kind of decide on. Most matches will have four or five different divisions and you are limited to what gear you can use per division.
For example limited class you can only use a red dot or iron sights on your rifle. No red dots on your shotgun or handgun. Your shotguns can't be a box mag.

I mostly run in the tac-ops division. I use a variable scope on my AR. I use Trijicon 1- 8x accupower with a set of Magpul 45-degree backups Iron sights.
Mossberg 930 JM Pro 24inch
I haven't done the mods I want to do to my shotgun yet
Springfield XDM competition 9mm. On that I did a trigger job and a extended mag release

I run a Safariland Els belt. I like how you can just take your mag holders on and off very quickly.
I mostly use the quad double stack holders for my shotgun.

I also use some of the Blade Tech Tek lok on a few spare AR and Pistol mag holders if I'm running a match where we're not holding a lot of mags at once. they're easy to use on any belt.

I definitely couldn't recommend enough either downloading a shot timer app or go and buy a real shot timer and use that with your dry fire and reloads practicing. It will help you see where your reloads times are. You can use it when you do live fire and see where your split times are.

Best thing to start out would be to contact the match director for your local 3 gun match and express your interest.

More than likely they'll welcome you to come and observe a match first. While you're there, ask around and become more knowledgeable about the rules and also get advice about what equipment works well and what doesn't.

Not sure about Idaho, but here in the Portland metro area there are monthly 3 gun/multi-gun matches at Tri-County gun club and also Douglas Ridge Rifle Club. The websites for each of those clubs should have the contact info you need.

Join Parma Rod and Gun Club and come shoot all kinds of fun matches! The New Years man vs. man match is coming up soon!
You don't have to be a member to shoot the match , but when you see the facilities you'll wanna.

Join Parma Rod and Gun Club and come shoot all kinds of fun matches! The New Years man vs. man match is coming up soon!
You don't have to be a member to shoot the match , but when you see the facilities you'll wanna.
Parma's that good? I've actually just recently put in for membership at nampa gun club but I was looking for recommendations.

Sorry for the thread jack, OP!

Makes the long (ish) drive and waiting list worthwhile. Sold!
Haven't been giddy like this since I was eight years old preparing for Disney land. Thanks tomahawk!!

I learned more by going and Shooting a match then reading about them. Everyone was helpful and got to see the different rigs people were running.

I used in my first match
AR-15 with a 511 Eotech
Moss590 12ga
Glock 34
Cheap AR and Pistol mag pouches
Blackhawk owb holster
Dump pouch for shot gun rounds.
I placed in the middle in my first match.

Breaking the 180 rules is what gets most people DQ'ed.

Let's you see what equipment people run for the different classes and give you an idea on cost to set up a rig.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top