JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Ill be out of town, but Id like to attend.

My only suggestion is, don't larp. Imagery is everything these days..
Dress well and open carry.. but I dont think having layers and layers of tactical garb does anything but give the media a poster child for their "W-supremacy" militia narrative.

My issue is that these rallies turn decisiveness for the 2A community. Not all every gun owner wants to hear about conservative talking point. I tend to lean more red but when I go to support these rallies it always turns into how "godless" the other side is.
Im the same way, a fiscal conservative, social libertarian and not religious in any way. I feel cramming religious views into 2A issues detracts from the 2A message. It also pushes people away (myself included) because I just dont participate nor pretend to entertain that extreme religious aspect of conservatism.

Im the same way, a fiscal conservative, social libertarian and not religious in any way. I feel cramming religious views into 2A issues detracts from the 2A message. It also pushes people away (myself included) because I just dont participate nor pretend to entertain that extreme religious aspect of conservatism.
Well. I would imagine she probably doesn't appreciate having her name used to argue support for more firearms, either.

Remember to keep it civilized too. No peeing in the streets. Use a bush. :s0155:

This close to the election, I believe we need to gather as allies. There are other issues besides measure 114 this election cycle. You don't have to participate in the pro life rhetoric, just like they don't need to be all about 2A. It's not our party but we're a part of it. We're all under attack and this is the rally we have available. There is no way we're all going to agree on everything, Gather round and participate as a conservative coalition. Think of Vikings being surrounded by the enemy and someone yelling "SHIELD WALL"! That's really how bad it is.

Remember to keep it civilized too. No peeing in the streets. Use a bush. :s0155:
We don't want a rehashing of the rally, The streets were awash with frothy urea.
This close to the election, I believe we need to gather as allies. There are other issues besides measure 114 this election cycle. You don't have to participate in the pro life rhetoric, just like they don't need to be all about 2A. It's not our party but we're a part of it. We're all under attack and this is the rally we have available. There is no way we're all going to agree on everything, Gather round and participate as a conservative coalition. Think of Vikings being surrounded by the enemy and someone yelling "SHIELD WALL"! That's really how bad it is.
Some of us had very very bad church experiences, Which is why we don't participate. People can have their own views, if someone wants to be religious I dont ever tell them not to be, but when they assume because I/we are independent/conservative or gun owners that we also walk hand in hand with their religious views, its a bit much and not really needed. If folks are rallying for 2A rights, reproductive rights and religious views IMO really dont apply. I grasp the concept of banding together and I DO share your sentiment about this next election cycle and the 2024 as well.. but having a bunch of differing focuses loses the primary 2A focus when rallying for such a specific cause.

$10 says the usual suspects from Portland (you know, the guys who mask up and dress in black) will be there with their bear spray. They're probably posting about it on Twitter right now.
Likely, since it's a "general Conservative rally", but the other day I was reading through Voter's Pamphlet Measure 114 Arguments in Opposition on the SOS site, and there was a submission on there from their membership, in opposition to 114! FWIW

Likely, since it's a "general Conservative rally", but the other day I was reading through Voter's Pamphlet Measure 114 Arguments in Opposition on the SOS site, and there was a submission on there from their membership, in opposition to 114! FWIW
Where are you finding the the voters pamphlet?

ETA: Found it here .

Also found an interesting OPB article.

Last Edited:
I have been to many of these. One problem is outside of claiming 2A support, these have no theme or direct message. The democrat super majority isn't losing sleep over it. What are the one or two things, normies passing by can relate to?

Flame suit on.

I have attended rallies in the past but, it's the ones who show up all tactical-cool'ed out with their AR over their shoulder that I just shake my head. This makes me not go back. Marketing wise it's just counterproductive.

Why rally? To try to tell others on the fence there are real people that support 2A. BUT YOU DON'T sway minds by intimidating others. Save the tactical dress up for the range as well as the open carry.

If we really wanted to get other voters to back 2A, we would all show up dressed for a job interview. (would you expect to get hired if you had an AR over your shoulder for most jobs?) Have our signs saying 114 is bad for everyone, sure , be respectful and dont bite when the counter protesters try to entice you. Show the non gun people, that most gun people are not scary and someone they would not be worried if their kids were next to them. But this may just be me as a marketing person, but know your market and have a goal for what your trying to say. One must use language the other side understands.

Flame suit on.

I have attended rallies in the past but, it's the ones who show up all tactical-cool'ed out with their AR over their shoulder that I just shake my head. This makes me not go back. Marketing wise it's just counterproductive.

Why rally? To try to tell others on the fence there are real people that support 2A. BUT YOU DON'T sway minds by intimidating others. Save the tactical dress up for the range as well as the open carry.

If we really wanted to get other voters to back 2A, we would all show up dressed for a job interview. (would you expect to get hired if you had an AR over your shoulder for most jobs?) Have our signs saying 114 is bad for everyone, sure , be respectful and dont bite when the counter protesters try to entice you. Show the non gun people, that most gun people are not scary and someone they would not be worried if their kids were next to them. But this may just be me as a marketing person, but know your market and have a goal for what your trying to say. One must use language the other side understands.
I'm right there with you. Which is exactly why I avoid these events. All it takes is one idiot to show up in his plate carrier, bump helmet, multi cam clothes, and punisher skull patch and a AR15 for me to roll my eyes and leave. It's the same way I feel about open carry in heavily populated areas. I understand one is trying to "educate" others about their rights but they are doing nothing but shooting themselves in the foot.

There are much more tactful ways of addressing a point and laying out your opinion on it.

Where are you finding the the voters pamphlet?

ETA: Found it here .

Also found an interesting OPB article.
We need to be as familiar with the arguments in favor as we are with the arguments against. Probably more so.

IMO their arguments are more appealing to low information voters (the majority will be on this subject) being emotionally and victim status based.

Oregon breaks down to 25% Republican, 30% Democrat, and 45% unaffiliated.

Team Red will usually vote Team Red, and likewise Team Blue will vote Team Blue, so 114 starts with a 5% lead out of the gate.

This will be decided by the 45% that are neither. We need to sway 2/3 of them or the measure will pass. That is the battlefield.

I'm right there with you. Which is exactly why I avoid these events. All it takes is one idiot to show up in his plate carrier, bump helmet, multi cam clothes, and punisher skull patch and a AR15 for me to roll my eyes and leave. It's the same way I feel about open carry in heavily populated areas. I understand one is trying to "educate" others about their rights but they are doing nothing but shooting themselves in the foot.

There are much more tactful ways of addressing a point and laying out your opinion on it.
I was at the crab dock in Newport, and there was a rather rotund fella open carrying a Glock. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against overweight dudes, but I watched this guy struggle to tie his shoes. I'm no crook, but this seems to be more of a liability than a statement or education.

Carry on, be safe, be aware.

I was at the crab dock in Newport, and there was a rather rotund fella open carrying a Glock. Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against overweight dudes, but I watched this guy struggle to tie his shoes. I'm no crook, but this seems to be more of a liability than a statement or education.

Carry on, be safe, be aware.
That whole physically fit thing takes effort/work/struggle/pain…. Things most Americans hate nowadays.

That whole physically fit thing takes effort/work/struggle/pain…. Things most Americans hate nowadays.
Don't take this as fat shaming from me, but if it were a struggle for me personally to tie my shoe, I don't know that I would open carry, but that's just me.

Don't take this as fat shaming from me, but if it were a struggle for me personally to tie my shoe, I don't know that I would open carry, but that's just me.
I have nothing against fat shaming. It's more of an honesty/pointing out facts to me. I'd rather be an asset than a liability.

Screw shoe laces. Gotta go Velcro or get some Crocs. Haha.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top