JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
From being at other rallies throughout the last 10 years, I can tell you that there WILL be people there that are carrying, and it will be both handguns and long guns. I believe it's our right to do either one, and all will participate in the way they deem appropriate.

The press will say whatever they want and it's not going to matter how people look, dress, or carry. I'll play the "Carnac the Magnificent" card and predict that the numbers of attendees will be grossly under reported and participants described as menacingly armed.

Rally is day after tomorrow. There is a great list of speakers and attendees so firm up your plans now and invite as many people as you can. If you haven't listened to the people on the agenda, I highly recommend you attend. You'll be able to see, first hand, which of our representatives have our backs. I've been mentioning the rally at every meeting I attend and everywhere I drop off handouts and signs.

I'll have whatever signs I have left, and Kevin with OFF is also bringing everything available. I plan on setting up under a blue awning, tentatively next to the stage, which is planned to be near the fountain. My awning will be a shared effort with OFF.

This rally is a great way to introduce yourself to other forum members.

More signs on the way so we'll have another couple hundred available.

There is a parking lot to the North of the Capitol park. Don't know if it's free or not on weekends. It's an unattended lot so bring a few dollars just in case. There is underground parking under the park on Chemeketa St. No idea if it's free or not so will wait for someone who knows to comment.

Capitol Map.jpg

Several speakers did an excellent job of pointing out the effects of 114, and a few actually did a deep dive into the national effects on constitutional rights. Only one actually asked why the Oregon Republican Party and the RNC were MIA in the effort. No people with long guns walking around but many with side arms visible.

Was pleased to see some from the political campaigns picking up 20 to 50 signs each to post along with their own signs. I think that's significant since politicians have, for the most part, been only slightly touching on 114.

As expected, some were touting their own campaigns, but we knew that was going to be a part of this. Overall, the rally was 80% about 114 and how critical it is that we get defeat the measure.

I was only able to get one photo and that was before it started. Our table is to the right side of the photo.

rallyphoto.jpg

I wanted to say one more thing about the rally. Listening to one politician after another can become boring. In fact, some may consider it insulting. But rest assured, if you can't take the time to listen to the people that are running for office, and that it's too hard for you, perhaps you should be rethinking your involvement in American choices. These people represent you. You may not agree 100% about their platforms, but if they are not elected, your voice, on any subject, will not be heard. There is a good chance for the Senate to achieve 15 members this election.. If that happens, the Dems will no longer have a supermajority. It doesn't mean we won't have challenges, but it goes a long way toward equal representation.

If you decide not to vote, or do not encourage others to vote, you are effectively giving the opposition two votes, and are complicit in the defeat of our values. With more support in congress, we will be much less of a target and attacks on our rights will not be as strong.

If you look at almost any attack or invasion, a precursor was the weakening of the will and strength of the attacked. Bloomberg, Gifford Foundation, and others will not be emboldened if we can show strength and unity.

I wanted to say one more thing about the rally. Listening to one politician after another can become boring. In fact, some may consider it insulting. But rest assured, if you can't take the time to listen to the people that are running for office, and that it's too hard for you, perhaps you should be rethinking your involvement in American choices. These people represent you. You may not agree 100% about their platforms, but if they are not elected, your voice, on any subject, will not be heard. There is a good chance for the Senate to achieve 15 members this election.. If that happens, the Dems will no longer have a supermajority. It doesn't mean we won't have challenges, but it goes a long way toward equal representation.

If you decide not to vote, or do not encourage others to vote, you are effectively giving the opposition two votes, and are complicit in the defeat of our values. With more support in congress, we will be much less of a target and attacks on our rights will not be as strong.

If you look at almost any attack or invasion, a precursor was the weakening of the will and strength of the attacked. Bloomberg, Gifford Foundation, and others will not be emboldened if we can show strength and unity.
Well said!!!
To put it bluntly:
If gun owners, sportsmen/women, Patriots, Republicans don't vote, they elect Communists.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top