JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw a countdown clock on the web somewhere that said 297 and counting down! Thought I'd share my modest attempts at getting young folks I know to think about the 2nd A. when voting next time.
My first attempt this 2014 was a failure. Was in a conversation with another coworker (who I helped convert btw!) about guns and ammo when new guy from back east joins discussion. Says he's amazed at how few gun laws we have in OR.
I asked him if he wanted to go shooting (he never had) on the weekend, he excitedly accepted and we arranged a time and meeting place.
The night before he texted me and said he had a party to go to and would not be up for shooting the next day. No respect young punks these days!
My first instinct was oh well, missed your chance buddy. Then I thought take it easy, this young lib probably is gonna vote how most young guys vote unless I intervene. I'm the guy who can turn him into a gun enthusiast in one day of shooting!
I told him that's cool, maybe next time. Let me know when it's a good time for you.

Anyway that's my attempt at waking people up. It's worked before, what have you guys been doing to recruit newbies?

Making a list and checking it twice, donating to campaigns where I can and as I can afford it.

That is always a good thing as well! E-mails, letters, calls too. Still you get a sense of satisfaction waking someone up from their political coma face to face. A lot of young people vote how the "cool crowd" votes and don't see past their immediate needs/wants.

You have to remember that nearly every young person born after 1980 has been brainwashed into thinking that the Constitution and Found Fathers where a bunch of backwards hillbillies that would have starved to death had it not been for eating turkey dinners with the Indians.
Basically, they have no sense or clue about history and why the settlers came to this country in the first place. ( see-Tyranny)
That tyranny that they were fighting against back then is the same today, except rather than coming from London, its based out of Washington DC. Take a few minutes out of your day, if possible, strike up a conversation and get them to think and question.

A good question is, " How do you feel about Obama and the NSA intruding on your privacy? " ......after their reply you could offer," Did you know the Constitution and Bill of Rights has strict rules about such intrusions?"

Voila' ....now, they just might start thinking....you never know!

What happens is the majority of voters have no clue on what they are voting for other than what they learned on the commercials on TV or the radio. It is all about name recognition and pushing the lever and that is what the duty of voting is. I see Obama 2016 "third term",,, Or Hillary cause she be woman just like Obama be an oreo cookie yet most voted for him cause they thought he be black. Lots of libtards living in the cities.

I have yet to see a list of who has decided not to run this cycle. I've even asked the Oregon Republican party and have received no answer. Does anyone have a list or know where one can be obtained?

Not seen a list but lately voting Republican is my default choice.

296 Days till Election

i HAVE VOTED THAT WAY FOR DECADES. BUT....
This time no Rinos. I will go with tea party first.
Republican only if a true conservative. Zero Democrats unless a long damned record of 100% Pro Gun, but that isn't likely in this state. Don't have a clue what the lineup will be yet.

Except for the lowest offices that keep their political affiliation purposely vague, I've not had the opportunity to vote for an admitted "true conservative" except maybe
Art Robinson. He has/had zero chance but I do it anyway.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top