JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at my local Walmart today and saw that they had a few dies on drastically reduced prices. If I remember correctly the 270 WSM dies were 7 dollars and the 204 dies were 9 dollars. This is in St. Helens, Oregon. They are RCBS dies.

I would have bought them just because... I'm wondering if other walmarts are discounting prices like that as well. I know if they have something long enough that isn't selling, they drastically discount the price. I've seen some RCBS die sets on clearance at the Hood River walmart in the past as well..

I hope that doesn't indicate the demise of those two calibers. The 270 WSM is redundant since it is just a slight improvement over the 270 Win, but it sure is a nice cartridge. The 204 is about the only mainstream 20 caliber and would be a shame if that one falls by the wayside.

Or is it just another indicator about the slump in gun related sales since Trump got elected?

Good questions Otter. Funny thing about one of my work mates: He sold his 270 winchester after last years elk hunting escapade of shooting and wounding a bull. He recently tells me he's going to "step up to a 270 Short mag". I tell him, there's not a whole hell of a lot of difference between the short mag and old cartridge. People have been using the standard 270 win since 1925 with great success. I told him, he should have kept his good 270 win and just used a better bullet and put it in the right spot next time... I can't think of too many critters that can walk away from a well placed 150gr. Nosler partion launched from a good ol 270 winchester.. With today's propellants, you can get muzzle speeds of 2950+ (from 22" tubes) and 3000+ with 24" barreled rifles. Sorry about the rant, just had to share the funny story. However, that guy I mentioned may be on the lookout for a good die set at a low price...:)..

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top