JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yep just keep rubbing it with that abrasive crap until the bore has no rifling left at all.

why get a bore guide? If it is cleaned properly from the breech end it is not needed. clean your bore electrically, no wear and even less effort, instructions are available from a number of sources.

You seem to be getting replies from those who believe any advertising bs they hear or listen too much to gun store wags who are percieved as knowledgable.

remount your scope using teflon tape between the rings and the scope body, make sure it is tightened evenly, bore sight it. check the bases too. go to the range.
Uhh, in the OP, Plinker mentions he suspects the barrel is bulged.
I don't know about you, but I have found JB bore paste on a felt-disc to be THE BEST at finding variations in bore diameter.
I'm not talking about valve grinding compound here.
Have you ever even used JB?
JB bore paste is perfectly safe when used properly, and preferable to other options. Not to mention the fact that when scrubbing manually with JB, it would likely take most of a lifetime to scrub "until the bore has no rifling left at all."

And the bore guide?
Are you familiar with the owners level proficiency with a cleaning rod?
I'm not, so I'll make that rec every time.
IMHO, "If it is cleaned properly from the breech end," should involve a bore guide. The key word being "properly."

Yes the scope mounting is suspect.
But a copper/carbon fouled bore has ruined more accuracy than any other single thing I have ever seen.

YMMV.

electrical cleaning requires no "proficiency" and will remove all carbon and copper fouling from even a 100 year old gun (done it). A quick rinse,few patches and it's as good as it's going to get.

Well we havent worked on it yet. I did clean the barrels on all the older guns we have with copper solvent a while back. Hog something or another I think it was called. The bottle leaked all over my range bag so I tossed it and cant remember the name.lol. All kinds of pretty colors came out of them though...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top