JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have used from 39.0 gr to 42.0 gr of IMR-4350 with 95 and 100 gr bullets from Nosler, Hornady and Remington. A lot of people try 40.0 gr and go no further, as it usually shoots pretty well in a lot of rifles.

IMR-4350 is a large grain extruded powder that doesn‘t meter very well. I trickle and weigh all my charges with that powder and similar powders, i.e. 4831, Reloder 19 and 22, Vihtavuori N-165, and others.

Quite a few years ago, I picked up a Remington Mod. 788 in .243, a buddy had a nice pre-'64 Winchester Mod. 70 in the same caliber, and gave me his "pet" load, 100 gr. bullet in front of 43.5 gr. of 4350, he said it was easy to remember the charge...
It worked fine in his rifle, but in mine, I had to pound the bolt open with a plastic dead blow hammer.
And, I had to have the rifle checked out before firing it again, this time 40 Gr's. worked fine...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top