JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, I am wanting to buy a 22lr bolt action rifle, this will mainly be a fun gun and for practicing long range shooting.

If it is to be a fun gun and used for long range shooting, then USCSOLDIER has given you the best advice here: get a 17 HMR instead. It is a far more accurate round, and much easier to shoot long range, due to its greatly flatter trajectory.

And you will be able to shoot flies at longer ranges. :D

FLYe1B.jpg

Ah, yes, the Kimber, as in Kimber of Oregon and supplied in a spiffy wooden crate. There's one in our local gun-store, almost mint AFAICR, with an amazing price tag on it that I'm not prepared to divulge unless asked.

Oh, alright.

It's £1000.00.

:eek:

tac
Unfortunately mine came in a cardboard box. I remember when my dad bought it and he wouldn't divulge the cost, especially to my mom! This was "several" years ago and I'm sure it might not of gone over too well at the time. o_O

I have a CZ 455 Varmint and I love it. Same for my CZ 455 American. The pic below is at 50 yards with my Varmint off the rest. This has the $10 trigger mod (YoDave) I installed and good glass (Sightron 36x).

Target.jpg

Last Edited:
We have two Savage 22s and I like them both FWIW. one is the BTVSS which has a laminate thumbhole stock and bull barrell and I love it. VERY accurate. Likes Blaser .22 best which is hard to find. The other is a Mark II FSS which on ours has a nice fiber optic site so it is bright. That is for my kid to learn to shoot although he likes the 10/22 more.

Highly recommended however any CZ is also going to be a fine rifle.

I have a Savage 22 LR Mark II BV.

The good - quite accurate with inexpensive ammo. Trigger is very good assuming you like the accu-trigger which I do.

The bad - magazine quickly malfunctioned and would not push the next cartridge high enough for the bolt to catch it. New magazine fixed that, but now the ejector won't throw the empty case clear about half the time.

Overall - the blued finish is poorly done. Stock is nice. The fit of the action and barrel to the stock is good. This is the last Savage I have in my safe and while I probably won't sell this one, and I probably won't buy any more.

If it is to be a fun gun and used for long range shooting, then USCSOLDIER has given you the best advice here: get a 17 HMR instead. It is a far more accurate round, and much easier to shoot long range, due to its greatly flatter trajectory.

And you will be able to shoot flies at longer ranges. :D

View attachment 325039

I pick mine up @ Bimart after I get off work....:cool:

Stopped by on my way in for ammo....they had Savage 93fv in .17 for $174 and a $25 mail in rebate...so $149 total...I caved.

The sheer quality of the original K of O, up there with the likes of Griffin & Howe and others in that genre, make it a very worthwhile investment, IMO. IF you can find the real thing, that is.

If I had a £1000 spare, and the space/slot on my FAC to acquire it, I'd be there in the morning.

tac