JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, I am wanting to buy a 22lr bolt action rifle, this will mainly be a fun gun and for practicing long range shooting.

I have been looking at the savage mark II but there are sooo many models i dont know what to choose. also the CZ 455 looks like a good option.. anyone have any imput or personal experiences they could share to help me decide?

Thanks!

Check out the threads here and while you're at it join up a bunch of good guys there. All things rim fire and then some.
CZ / Brno - RimfireCentral.com Forums

If you want a full-size rifle that just happens to be a .22, AND entirely made in the USA then the Ruger is the best choice. The others, Savage, Mossberg are good choices, but that's what they are, choices.

If you want a somewhat scaled-down, more compact gun that is equally good, but made in Yoorup, and has a following of millions of ardent fans, then it's CZ. Their range of styles and stocks is amazing, and very well-priced. And BTW, you get them way cheaper in the US than we do here in UK, pounds for dollars.

There seem to be very few followers of SAKO models here, but the middle 90's saw the heavy barrel Finnfire - zackly the same size and weight as the then current centre-fire, and built like a brick outhouse. One of those will outlast your great-grandkids.

Anschutz? Very good, but way overpriced, IMO. Who REALLY wants to spend way north of a thousand bucks and STILL get a stamped tin trigger guard?

tac, said enuff.