JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1 part Lanolin oil to 10 parts "Heet". I use rubbing alcohol greater than 70% alcohol.

Mix in a spray bottle that I got in the "travel" section of your local store (where they sell the travel sized stuff - toothpaste, deo, etc). Spray bottle was ~ $0.97 I think.

Then i wandered over to the isle that sells the rubbing alcohol. Get greater than 70% alcohol content. 99% would be ideal, but >70% works too.

Lanolin..... that's a different story. I ordered off of Amazon. I think any feed store might sell is as it is used by farmers on their cow/goat udders (to keep them soft and supple).

Mix in spray bottle 10:1. Shake. I lay a bunch of shells on an old cookie sheet. A quick spritz to get the top-side "wet". Then shake to get it all over the cases. You could also do the zip-lok bag spray and shake too.

Let the alcohol air evap for about 2 minutes then started running them through the sizer/decapper.

I haven't had a stuck case since.

Lots of YouTube videos of people using HEET (the automotive fuel line conditioner sold in auto parts stores). I found the rubbing alcohol to be cheaper and it works the same principal (to act as an agent to thin the lanolin so it can be used in a spray bottle, then evaporate quickly leaving a thin coating of lanolin).
I get the Heet at the dollar store for… :p

Tested this last night. I have 49 rounds of 30-06 military brass that was not fully resizing in my RCBS die. After cleaning the die with a gun cleaning brush it went further but would still not full insert even applying Hornady one-shot liberally. After reading this thread, I grabbed the Lee case lube and tested it. It went straight in and fully resized.

I imagine the OP brass is actually 5.56 military brass? The 300 blk was probably made from 5.56.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top