JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings,

I'm looking for opinions on people's preferred choices on .22 LR Removable magazine fed bolt action Rifles? Normally I shoot a bit larger calibers, but I've been pondering a nice bolt action .22 LR to reduce cost of my practice sessions.

Any recommendations? Or any suggestions on which brand/models to avoid?

I was looking at maybe a Marlin XT-22 or something similar. But maybe there are others out there which are better?

Savage MKII more versions then you can shake a stick at.

My favorite is the MKII FVT with Williams Target Peep sights. If you want a scoped model look for a FV

I have a Browning A-Bolt .22LR They haven't been made since 1996, but it's worth seeking one out. Mine is silky smooth, has a great trigger, and somehow makes me shoot much better than I really am. I have more than once had to move the cross hairs after a shot to see the bullet hole in my target.

Here is a little write-up I found: Browning A-Bolt Rimfire Rifle.

Turns out that the one I bought used in the late '80's is a Medallion, and I got one heck of a sweet deal paying about 1/4 of retail!

I have a Ruger 77 that I really like. I have heard great things about the Savage and CZ and would give them a hard look if I was in the market for one again.

I've got a Marlin XT-22 and no complaints here. I bought it planning to put a nice scope on it. But after taking it out a couple of times decided to leave it as is with iron sights. So I'm still somewhat looking for another .22lr to scope.

Bimart carrys extra magazine for about $12. I think I've got 4 total now. Larger magazines are something I'll look for on another gun. Rugers bolt gun will take the BX-25 mags and I have a couple of those for the 10/22. But the gun is $500+ if I remember right. When I was looking a few months ago I was leaning towards the CZs. Really want somnething with a nice walnut stock. But to be honest, it's hard to beat a Savage in affordable .22lr bolt guns right now.

I'm with Nwcid on the Ruger 7722. I bought mine just after they came out, because I was shooting Rimfire Silouette (early days of the sport) with my 10-22 Sporter, and guys were starting to show up with Kimber bolt guns (couldn't afford one of those). I held my own with the 7722 until the sport became an equipment race, and I bailed.

Accurate, rugged, reliable, and VERY good looking! My second choice for a reasonably priced bolt sporter would be anything in the good Remington 514/580 etc. series. The Browning T-bolt holds a hard rep for accuracy. In the same boat is anything Anschutz (if you have the resources).

I going say for price get a Marlin xt-22 or Savage MII fs-sv booth rifles are about the same it just comes down to preferences.

If price is not so much a problem then get a CZ you just can't beat the acurcey and fit and finish for the price.

Buy yourself a CZ and you will never regret it. Hunting & Sporting Firearms and Accessories | CZ-USA

My CZ 452 Varmint .22LR

CZV16.jpg

Still looking for these.

I found a Savage Mark II TR at both Sportmans's Warehouse and Keiths. Very nice and smooth action.

I haven't been able to find a CZ to handle yet. Anyone know of a dealer who stock of these in the Portland area? Especially the 455 line.

I also handled the Ruger, though the Savage felt better.

Bought a Remington model 5 for my dad for fathers day. They are a nice mag fed bolt action. In looking I liked the CZ's and if money had been no object the 77/22 would have been #1. Not wild on newer Marlins for sure

Bought a Remington model 5 for my dad for fathers day. They are a nice mag fed bolt action. In looking I liked the CZ's and if money had been no object the 77/22 would have been #1. Not wild on newer Marlins for sure

I agree, I tried several of the Marlins and they really didn't feel that well built.

Still looking for these.

I found a Savage Mark II TR at both Sportmans's Warehouse and Keiths. Very nice and smooth action.

I haven't been able to find a CZ to handle yet. Anyone know of a dealer who stock of these in the Portland area? Especially the 455 line.

I also handled the Ruger, though the Savage felt better.

I don't think I've ever seen the CZ stocked anywhere, and every time I ask about them I'm told they are backlogged and can't keep up with the demand. NW Armory may be able to get you one from their warehouse if they have it online on their website.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top