JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This article is not bad on the subject. A .22 rifle for home defense is not totally stupid, and a CCI Stinger produces a respectable 190 ft-lbs out of a rifle.
http://graywolfsurvival.com/1869/why-22-best-home-defense-weapon/

For pistols, if recoil is the issue, it's worth looking at TCM and 5.7 calibers. Very soft shooting, but fast and effective.
"The .22 pistol doesn't have enough oomph to get out of its own way."
So his findings are different that other's , whodathunk?
Too many tests saying too many things.
The important part is to use the gun that YOU shoot best and can place multiple shots on target rapidly
If that's a 454 cassul then so be it.
If that's a 22lr then there ya go
Shot placement

If a person has really big balls, then you might be manly enough to carry a 22 for self-defense.

I would never be able to do that, however. But some, like this fellow below, indeed do.

22.jpg

Last Edited:
The important part is to use the gun that YOU shoot best and can place multiple shots on target rapidly
I would be willing to use a .22 semi-auto rifle for HD, for various reasons. Not for EDC though. The main reason is not defending against 2-legged attackers, but 4-legged ones, such as Pits, Rottweilers or Presa Canarios.

I would be willing to use a .22 semi-auto rifle for HD, for various reasons. Not for EDC though. The main reason is not defending against 2-legged attackers, but 4-legged ones, such as Pits, Rottweilers or Presa Canarios.
A guy told me there was a dog,can't remember what breed, going around the neighborhood reeking havoc. Came after him and he shot it with a 357.
It went down the road and got into a fight with another dog.
I wouldn't want to only have a 22 anything to shoot a mad dog...or englishman :cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top