JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone know how the meeting on HB 4035 went?

They debated it
Measure allowing prison guards to lock a gun in their vehicle while they're on duty, which currently violates state rules, but took no formal action on House Bill 4035. Yet.

What are the stats currently for background checks of unlawful gun purchases attempted VS prosecutions of said attempts in Oregon. The left is weak on going after these people and could be used as a countermeasure against the bill. Force them to look at law failure and let the public know in the mean time.

This is what I found, and including in my emails/posts. Data from 2010, the most recent that I could find.

In 2010, out of 168,259 background checks performed in 2010, only 0.05% (90 cases) were denied and judged important enough to follow up on with charges! So either we don't have a "background check problem", or this is just politics. (note 2393 were denied)

U.S. Department of Justice, Background Checks for Firearm Transfers, 2010 - Statistical Tables
http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/bcft10st.pdf

This one also includes additional information that points to a suicide problem (mental health issue) in general, not just gun related. Google about top places in the US for suicide, and Portland/Oregon keeps popping up at the very top.

Oregon Health Authority: Violent Deaths in Oregon: Data by Year

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads