JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mmm ... Wow! Well at least he likes the rifle.
I understand that everyone is on a budget and I like the make it from scratch thinking.
But to each his own ... I'm glad that its his rifle and not mine.
Andy

"rifle Hell" to me would be having a closet full of them!!!!!

ditchtiger knows how I feel about the Mosin..
It's all good natured ribbing,I hope!

Here are some other improvements to the venerable Mosin Nagant.It seems to me that Bubba just gravitates to these things-

bubba3.jpg 6slduys.jpg ACF277.JPG

So much visual fail there - but if it works for him and hes keeping the rifle, good for him.

Personally I like Mosin's how they come stock. I can see the benefit in a longer bolt, maybe angled down a bit more (not 90 degrees like this BUbba gun) for more leverage and use with scope.

As for the finish choice - not my first choice either. Were I to refinish the varnished stock of a Mosin, I'd sand it well, give it a few coats of a good dark walnut stain, then matte clear coat, then wax to protect it all. But that's just my preference. I've got some wood projects I made 20 years ago in junior high that we did hand rubbed BLO on that have lasted and still get used - and it's OK but not my preferred finish by far.

My idea of "improving" a gun would be to make it better functionally, and aesthetically - not make it uglier. To each his own.

For years these rifles were $79.99 @ Big5, so anybody could own one and clearly did. They sure did go fully retard tacticool on a few. . .
I want to say I got my M38 from big5 and a couple of cases of ammo from either sportsmansguide or CTD for 69.99$ a case (which was a wooden crate with a galvanized liner and a tuna can key that had to be rolled along a seam to open). Now Sportsmansguide and CTD are on the gougewagon I havent ordered from them in years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top