JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't imagine ever needing a suppressor.
Then I'd wager you have never fired an AR or M4 styled rifle, a shotgun, or even a handgun indoors without proper hearing protection... an AR will concuss plaster off a ceiling, imagine what that does to your ears.

Outside, in a short SD situation, your hearing will probably recover. In a HD situation (inside) you'll probably suffer some permanant hearing loss.

The can helps to mitigate some of that.

I looked at a few other 'budget' cans online, including Rebel and Amtac. For those where money is tight, they might be good options. Honestly, as @wired mentioned above, I don't necessarily buy into the idea that a more expensive suppressor is better. The basic concept is really simple, just different ideas of how to carry it out. I would definitely do my research before buying a budget suppressor, preferably live fire with one, before I made a decision on one. Still, I like the idea of prices coming down a bit. $200 is already a hard pill to swallow for a lot of folks, if the prices on suppressors would come down a bit, more folks might be willing to take the plunge.
Yankee Hill Machine has some decently priced offerings that apparently work very well. Have you looked at YHM cans?

There are a lot of things I need that cost around $200.

My goal, eventually, is to have a HD gun with a suppressor, ready to go. Considering how loud these guns are outside, inside they're much, much worse. If I had a defensive gun use, which I hope I never do, I'd like to have the benefit of maybe not losing my hearing during the event. Plus, shooting rifles, under cover outside, is still darn loud, even with hearing protecting. Reducing the db's down makes for a much more enjoyable experience. Those 2 reasons alone are enough for me to 'need' a suppressor - IMO.

"It ain't called the bill of neeeeeds...."
:D
Just kidding, but for the rest of you, I'm totally down for quiet shooting in my own back yard. But seeing as i can typically get 100% reliable 9mm reloads locally for about $0.20/rnd, I'm worried about finding subsonic ammo for equally good prices. Anyone find a distributor that has a reasonable pricepoint on ammo?

I would pass. I picked up a gemtek trek gen 1 for $250 a year ago as a used police trade in. $500 new. Still pretty basic and clunky compared to higher end, but decent. I saw one for $300 gen 2 a few months ago. I would just wait for those or something similar.

My goal, eventually, is to have a HD gun with a suppressor, ready to go. Considering how loud these guns are outside, inside they're much, much worse. If I had a defensive gun use, which I hope I never do, I'd like to have the benefit of maybe not losing my hearing during the event. Plus, shooting rifles, under cover outside, is still darn loud, even with hearing protecting. Reducing the db's down makes for a much more enjoyable experience. Those 2 reasons alone are enough for me to 'need' a suppressor - IMO.

This!!

For another 200...

At 400 the YHM Turbo is a good option.

I'll let you know how good, some day. :oops:

When I took the NFA paperwork into my buddy the Sheriff to sign, he said "why are you doing this? They are legal here in Idaho without any tax stamp or licence, just tape a 2 liter bottle on the muzzle and go from there" well......it is an issue like Marijuana in other states that I don't agree with either.......so, I got the stamp. My brother has done extensive research into them, has several including a very high end Canadian built one (3000.00?) for his 338 Lapua TRIG that is very impressive. I have Gemtec's that are quite good, sturdily built and if I ever have a problem, can walk into the factory. The guys are very helpful. Prices have come down, if that idiot Las Vegas shooter hadn't gone off the rails, they would have been taken out of NFA control by now. I did not buy the titanium versions because the heavier steel ones hold up much better and are simpler to repair.

look up - 18-3315A. Prohibition of federal regulation of certain firearms.

I don't know a single person who has done it, my guess if you get popped by the .gov that the state wouldn't defend you. But a couple of years back I heard a guy was selling some at a fun show.
Don't forget to mark it 'Made in Idaho'

Sheriff said what now ????
good luck with that.

Supressors are stupid expensive. Just wait till you have to buy a piston or fixed spacer replacement...If you want to see how relatively low tech they are, check out some of the pics on WAguns here
If I was doing a rifle suppressor on form 1, I'd be using a ti tube and a mix of stainless and ti baffles, but then I'd be up there costwise. I wouldn't touch aluminum. Could do all steel, but I'd like lighter weight. Still heavier than a 2 liter soda bottle but I'm a brand snob like that.

Heres a metered review of the po'boy

Some other reviews by the same guys- their channel is well worth checking out ...
16 AR
11.5" AR

In my experiences some are better than others and amongst form 1 folks, these are kind of considered the bottom of the barrel. I would consider say 5.56/30 Cal Kit - Quietbore.com over that. If for no other reason the wait is roughly a month as opposed to a year. Then again if you want something like this you could form 1 a tube, end caps some washers and spacers cheaper and faster.

Straight washers in a tube your'e better off with pillows and duct tape. It doesnt take much to build a good silencer but it does take more than washers and spacers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top