JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$1900
Manufacturer
Browning
Caliber
20 Gauge
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Up for sale is a 76" special model BXS in good condition. Some small scratches on stock, some light chipping in surface of bluing, small pitting on trigger guard, and 2 small scrapes on the barrel. Otherwise in excellent condition and functions perfectly, locks up great. I've been watching these on gunbroker for the last year and the 20s go from anywhere from 1800-2500, and I think mine is about average in terms of wear. Selling a little undervalue to avoid the hastle of gunbroker and to pass this on to a fellow user. Prefernce to those who are going to use it or collect it; not interested in selling a family gun to someone who is going to flip it to make the extra 300$ I'm pricing it under. I have too many shotguns and need to pass this on. Sales conducted at Attero Arms before 8am or 12-1pm M-Th for a 25$ transfer, or mailed to your FFl for cost. I have a 2minute video if you want me to text it two you. Thanks and be safe.

IMG_6255.jpg IMG_6258.jpg IMG_6260.jpg IMG_6264.jpg IMG_6266.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Barrel length, chamber length, overall weight, and fixed or tube chokes… what constriction if fixed? Selective safety? Didn't see it on trigger.
Thanks!

Barrel length, chamber length, overall weight, and fixed or tube chokes… what constriction if fixed? Selective safety? Didn't see it on trigger.
Thanks!
26" Barrell, 2.75-3" shells, weight unknown (whatever is common for size/era which 6.75-7 lbs), and I believe this to be an unaltered selective safety. Feel free to shoot me a message for a walk around video.

Sorry, forgot to mentioned; fixed choke. No aftermarket smitthing. Not sure which barrel is what exactly as I haven't shot it in a long time. Whatever was standard for this model I presume.

IMG_6275.jpg IMG_6276.jpg

If my memory serves correctly, the pistol grip was M/F and the English stock was IC/M. The left barrel would be full on your gun. This is NOT a steel shot safe gun but would make a fine eastern WA/OR pheasant double with lead shot, or with bismuth on non-tox release sites/waterfowl. GLWS.

Beautiful gun. I know it's not among what you listed as trade interest but I have a beautiful model 629-1 S&W 44 magnum with a 6" barrel. As an earlier model S&W it has all forged hammer and trigger and doesn't have the weird safety they put on the later models, in short it was built when the company was making the excellent revolvers that made their reputation without cutting corners on cheaper materials and such. My only reason for considering parting with it is I recently acquired a model 29 from the same time period and don't really need 2 6 inch 44 magnum revolvers. It has a pristine pair of factory goncalo alves target grips (which I paid $175 for) as well as the hogue grips it came with and I have a leather bianchi shoulder holster I'll include. It's a beautiful gun and being stainless the more practical of the two but I have always been enamored with my dad's pre-29 🤷‍♂️. If you're interested in trading I'd be willing to offer the
629-1, both sets of grips, the holster and some cash on my end to even out the deal. Please let me know wether or not you're interested. I'll pm you as well. I look forward to hearing from you, thanks.

11E91BF2-7471-4D1D-A340-904FFD1D8D98.jpeg CB0844C4-528E-458C-9AA8-82D3D177CA27.jpeg 113C2413-DEF5-4EB6-9F4E-A436441726EC.jpeg 26E36712-1149-4611-A55E-91964113BEEA.jpeg 3E065BDD-0295-4B26-9C7F-FED434FED688.jpeg

By the way I'm not looking to resell. It would look perfect next to my Browning BAR safari grade in 30-06 (my favorite hunting rifle) and I've been wanting a nice double barrel in my collection for some time. It'd be home here.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.