JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys i just got a bunch of old 1911 parts from my father in law that he brought back from Vietnam evidently he was in charge of a armory over there and brought these back. I had intentions of building a gun but to many parts are missing and it is beyond my skill level. Does anyone know a local place i could take these to find out what there worth or have knowledge themselves. I have a new barrel a new slide several hamers ect. most every thing but no frame. Can post pics if needed. Thanx in advance

Go to the 1911 forum and cruise the gunsmith section . Lot's of info on builds and if you want to sell then put it on E-bay or gunbroker . Or you could put them on this forum classified .

I would be interested in the frame if your going to seel it and some parts.

:s0114: Reading fail!

OP, it's certainly not an easy thing to do, but it's not terribly difficult either if you take your time. If you don't want to bother, just post pics in the classified section and I'm sure people will snatch it up. If you want to go ahead with the project, the frame is where most of the work is. The slide shouldn't require too much work(making sure it isn't too tight or loose on the frame rails mostly), but the barrel will probably need something taken off. The barrel is the only part that really gets me confused, I'm pretty far along in my own 1911 project right now. And of course depending on the condition and sizing of the other various parts they will require varying degrees of fitting as well. Most everything is done with a decent selection of high quality files, and a lot of patience and checking things over and over as you progress. Oversized parts will require a lot of work, drop-in parts can range from oversized to too small(usually when putting on an old worn down gun). You can pick up a frame for $200-300, and of course prices can go very high.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top