Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 search

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by BeyondTheBox, Nov 30, 2011.

1. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox Oregon Member

Looking for entry level 1911 locally, turned onto Rock Island and Metro Arms as reasonably priced brands to look at, in the category, but am looking specifically for the stainless/nickled frame version and "The Broker" doesn't seem to carry it at either location. They're asking for far too much for ordering it too. Anybody have a recommendation on a local shop I might find this item, or order without added cost to do so? Shoupdn't have to, and wont, spend more than $525.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

2. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

Get in line. I'm waiting on a nickel rock island armory 1911 also. Seems they are backed up at the factory and might have some more in a month or so. I have found the same gun in a 38 super but no 45acp yet.

3. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox Oregon Member

Figured so. Okay, guess I'll file in line.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

4. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Have you tried Keith's? they have the rock island 1911's. If not there is a FFL on here named brad691 and he carries a few rock island or can order it for you below whatever GB has. If 525 is your price you might consider the springfield 1911A1 in stainless from keith's for maybe $569 (not sure on price really).

5. 22many

Keiths might have it in stock. I try not to deal with keiths unless I absolutely have to. Unfortunally these guns that beyondthebox and I are both wanting are not on the shelf right now. Even buds is out of stock. I'm sure i could find one if I really looked but brad691 quoted me a awesome price and I just can't justify paying $50-$100 more just to have it now.

6. DinhRose

DinhRose Austin, Texas (Ex-Pat of SE PDX) Active Member

Yeah dealing with Keith's is hit or miss but it doesn't hurt to call. That way do can't see their judgemental attitude :). Tell you what, for $20 and some rattle can paint I can custom make you one in "tactical" silver one. I get what you're saying though. I hate having my heart set on a gun that's nowhere to be found. I just went through this with a beretta.

7. 22many

Agreed. This is a gun I've been wanting for awhile and it sucks I can't find one. I try to only deal with keiths at the gun show as prices are cheaper there than in their store and I don't seem to get their better-than-you attitude.

Brad691 is a great guy and I would rather give my money to someone that appreciates the business instead of someone that looks at you like a dollar sign.

8. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

9. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I've been interested in one,but looking at that picture,I think I would have to see the nickel job before I'd buy it.
    Could someone order one and pass it around to inspect?

10. 22many

I seen one a couple months ago at the Portland gun show and it was a nice gun. Finish looked really nice for the asking price of the gun. If it was a crappy finish job I wouldn't be wanting one. I also looked at a cimmaron nickel 1911 and it was maybe slightly glossier, maybe it was just the lighting at another booth but looked good also. The $200+ price jump between the cimmaron and the RIA has me sticking to the RIA.

Some ivory grips and it's the 70s all over again.