JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure if the right section here. I am curious if anyone knows of any Conversion kits for 1911 that look like a regular 1911 and function well.

I've been looking at so.e kits that were 500+$ and that's a little steep for me. Deciding if I want to build a dedicated 22lr 1911 or do something else if I can't find the right kit. Any input appreciated!

Do they make conversion kits for 1911s? I am starting from scratch with an 80% 1911 frame and I was thinking a dedicated 22lr would be awesome. I just dont want it to look too much like a gimmick. It's gonna be a pinker that's supposed to look and feel like a 45.

I use to own an original Colt ACE conversion kit. Sold it off a long time ago.

Currently, I own a Kimber conversion.

I prefer the Kimber......for target shooting.

BUT, But, but.....
If you're looking for the "recoil feeling of a .45 ACP" find an ACE.

Aloha, Mark

Yeah it appears they are all only available used for premium pricing. Do you know of any aftermarket mags that work with the kimber conversion?

We gave my step-son a GSG/Sig 22lr 1911 last year for graduation. Well worth it.

After reading reviews on the 22lr clones, I opted for the Ruger Mk4, then later replaced with the Volquartsen.
I did the same thing several years ago; and gave it to my Dad as a gift. Neither of us were ever super happy with the IV 22/45 and it got sold off.

Kimber mags for the 22 LR conversion aren't that bad.

Well, considering that years ago I paid about the same for a metal Colt 22 LR conversion magazine. I'd hate to think of what they would go for today.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....just a taste.

Ok I understand. It's probably easiest to buy a 22lr clone. But again, I am building a 80% and am looking for a conversion upper/slide assembly.

We gave my step-son a GSG/Sig 22lr 1911 last year for graduation. Well worth it.

I did the same thing several years ago; and gave it to my Dad as a gift. Neither of us were ever super happy with the IV 22/45 and it got sold off.
Honestly, the Ruger was great. It had the Volquartsen trigger, hammer and rear sight. I only went with the Volquartsen because I wanted the threaded barrel.

Yikes ! my Ceiners were about $200- GI for my 1911 and Deluxe for my Hi Power....sadly no longer in production:

Both work very well indeed-
Zz630A.jpg
Zz6OjT.jpg

Kimber still makes one for about $330:

I guess since GSG and others started selling complete pistols for similar money, the appeal of just a top end has diminished....

I have an original Colt Ace conversion kit and when it's married to my 1968 Colt National Match target pistol, it looks great and shoots even better.
You need the light match target trigger to make it shoot well, as a heavy stock trigger kinda defeats the purpose otherwise.
I aggressively searched out original Colt magazines years ago before they went up in collector prices, as they work the best.

colt 22 001.JPG

Rock Island Auctions upcoming auction this month that has an original Colt Ace married to a lower 1911 that looks interesting.
It might be a sleeper bargain to buy, but you never know in auctions.

Lot 580: Ranger Machine & Tool 1911A1 Pistol with Colt Ace Slide

Auction Date: April 27, 2022

Ranger Machine & Tool 1911A1 Semi-Automatic Pistol with Colt Ace Slide

Estimated Price: $400 - $600

1648951881610.png

Ranger Machine & Tool 1911A1 Semi-Automatic Pistol with Colt Ace Slide

Manufacturer: RMT
Model: 1911A1
Type: Pistol
Gauge: 22 LR
Barrel: 4 3/4 inch round
Finish: blue
Grip: walnut
Stock:
Item Views: 43
Serial Number: 1648951939910.png
Class: Modern Handgun
Bore Condition: Shiny - Very little wear
Rating:
ND - VERY GOOD- in working condition, 80% finish or better, appreciable wear on working surfaces 80% - 89%, no corrosion or pitting, minor surface dents or scratches. Wood condition commensurable with percent of finish with dings and dents associated with 80% - 89% gun.
Description:
With Colt Ace slide.

I have a Marvel Unit 2 for my SR1911 and love it! It's my all time favorite plinker! I ordered mine directly so I could have it cerakoted, but occasionally they show up on gunbroker for a little less money. Haven't tried a Unit 1 yet, but I'm sure one will be in my not too distant future.

Well, I came across a very good deal on a 45 slide so I'll just go that route for now. The Prices for the 22 kits seem a little on the high side for a partsbin build

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top