JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at the schedule for TCGC, and saw a match titled "Tactical, 1911/Pump Shotgun Match". Anyone know any details of this? Do I have to be a member to shoot the match? Round count?

Any other info?

Thanks.

I wonder if this is the start of a Zoot Shooters group? There is a group of shooters called Zoot Shooters, who dress up like 1930's gangsters, and use firearms from that era. Sort of an offshoot of the cowboy shoots...just a different time frame, with different firearms and clothing. I think it sounds like it could be fun.

Not zoot shooters, but it is a "throwback" month for the Tactical Match shooters. It's a match on the fourth Sunday of each month in the action pits and typically involves a shotgun, pistol and pistol-caliber carbine to shoot. Each April and October the match is a 1911/pump shotgun match and they have prize matches in January. Pistols are drawn from concealment (unless you're in LE duty gear) and there are generally 4-5 stages involving a couple dozen shooters. They're a really nice group of people and before I had a carbine many would loan me theirs.

And don't worry if you don't have a 1911; they download Glocks, etc to 8 or 10 rounds so its competitive. The shotgun HAS to be a pump for this match, so I'll be there in May. Give it a shot!

(get it? a shot...I slay myself sometimes...)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top