JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was looking at the schedule for TCGC, and saw a match titled "Tactical, 1911/Pump Shotgun Match". Anyone know any details of this? Do I have to be a member to shoot the match? Round count?

Any other info?

Thanks.

I wonder if this is the start of a Zoot Shooters group? There is a group of shooters called Zoot Shooters, who dress up like 1930's gangsters, and use firearms from that era. Sort of an offshoot of the cowboy shoots...just a different time frame, with different firearms and clothing. I think it sounds like it could be fun.

Not zoot shooters, but it is a "throwback" month for the Tactical Match shooters. It's a match on the fourth Sunday of each month in the action pits and typically involves a shotgun, pistol and pistol-caliber carbine to shoot. Each April and October the match is a 1911/pump shotgun match and they have prize matches in January. Pistols are drawn from concealment (unless you're in LE duty gear) and there are generally 4-5 stages involving a couple dozen shooters. They're a really nice group of people and before I had a carbine many would loan me theirs.

And don't worry if you don't have a 1911; they download Glocks, etc to 8 or 10 rounds so its competitive. The shotgun HAS to be a pump for this match, so I'll be there in May. Give it a shot!

(get it? a shot...I slay myself sometimes...)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top