JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Oregon, felons with non violent crimes get their gun rights restored after a length of time, IIRC 20 years, or you can petition a Judge to get them restored sooner.

For small non violant felonys after 15 years with no repeeted behavior. Yes. I have not heard the leftist mention that
I'm sure they would do away with it if they were hip to it .

but you still get denied on a background check .unless you go through the complete restoration. I knew a guy that did all of it and was still denied for absolutely no reason.once your branded your branded ..I know a man that was denied for something his roommate did in the 70s

For small non violant felonys after 15 years with no repeeted behavior. Yes. I have not heard the leftist mention that
I'm sure they would do away with it if they were hip to it .

but you still get denied on a background check .unless you go through the complete restoration. I knew a guy that did all of it and was still denied for absolutely no reason.once your branded your branded ..I know a man that was denied for something his roommate did in the 70s

Thanks - I looked into this a while ago for a relative, but lost my links to the actual info.

Why is this even news? Thousands of people get their gun rights restored in WA and OR every year, there's nothing special about it.

Do all the other states recognize the restoration from Washington or Oregon? Or is it only good in certain states?

Could this guy get charged with Felon in possession, (assuming he is transporting and displaying legally) if he is traveling into a place like California, New York or New Jersey to a do trade show and has a gun at his display?

If I were a betting man; my bet would be that he already has more than one. And, from what the article said, the Judge shouldn't have been the one to be doing the restoration in the first place. That too makes the whole thing smell. Not that Judges can be bought but...
From what I read, this guy sounds like a high talent, whereas you do not. He paid his debt, for a non-violent mistake - rights restored. Nothing more to the story.

Do all the other states recognize the restoration from Washington or Oregon? Or is it only good in certain states?

Could this guy get charged with Felon in possession, (assuming he is transporting and displaying legally) if he is traveling into a place like California, New York or New Jersey to a do trade show and has a gun at his display?

Legally, he should be good-to-go anywhere, using this ruling to have his name removed from the list of prohibited persons.
If the feds had convicted him of a federal offense, that would be different. They didn't.

Some states will recognize an out of state restoration, others won't. It all depends on the law of the state. I make sure all of my clients understand this. I am not licensed to practice in CA, but I have had a couple of dozen clients living in CA with criminal records in WA and it appears that CA will recognize a WA restoration at least.

Legally, he should be good-to-go anywhere, using this ruling to have his name removed from the list of prohibited persons.
If the feds had convicted him of a federal offense, that would be different. They didn't.

Nope, see above.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads