JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I were a betting man; my bet would be that he already has more than one. And, from what the article said, the Judge shouldn't have been the one to be doing the restoration in the first place. That too makes the whole thing smell. Not that Judges can be bought but...

I'm torn it depends on the person and the felony. I believe that people can change and be a better part of the community but unfortunately some just can't make the change.

In Oregon, felons with non violent crimes get their gun rights restored after a length of time, I̶I̶R̶C̶ ̶2̶0̶ 15 years, or you can petition a Judge to get them restored sooner.

Last Edited:
Judges in the USA are 80% crooked, luckily for us world wide 100% are.
It may not seem like they do their jobs, but there are much worse in nearly every other country.

Judges in the USA are 80% crooked, luckily for us world wide 100% are.
It may not seem like they do their jobs, but there are much worse in nearly every other country.
In case you ever wondered why the statue of Justice at every Law school (at least the ones I have visited) is not wearing a blindfold. She's examining those scale pans very closely to see which one has a bigger pile of gold. :eek:

When I went thru Law school geees a million years ago ( and no not a lawyer) About 60% of those attended had their understanding of the law wrong.
The biggest is that many wanted to have justice and equality giving to those wronged, and to put a moral right into the world.

What I learned prior when doing other investigative work was the Law was not looking for justice nor making things right a balancing of the scale as it were was not the goal. The reality is there is no morality in law. And the Justice system is about checks and balances. And is why to to exact same cases yield different result. People want moral justice, judges may even let people think there was a moral choice made when it the farthest from the truth. Nothing is ever as it appears, just like police they are law enforcement, not public servants. Their job is to stop crime, not prevent it. Preventing is a moral choice, enforcing it is law.

Does Bend really need more convicted felons with gun ownership rights? I think we have too many gun wacks as it is."

Frankly, Bend has a much bigger problem with anti-freedom nutburgers. :rolleyes:

Beyond that, it is an interesting article. I like his attitude ("Who I was isn't who I am now, although it made me who I am," he said. "For me, I had to re-evaluate my core ethics. You can't raise honest children if you're not honest yourself."). And while I am not big on air-guns, a .458-caliber one sounds neat-o.

His crime was hacking a bank computer network in order to be able to afford fertility treatments -- I don't feel insecure about him having his rights restored. More interesting though:

He also went on to design powerful air rifles, one of the few types of gun he was allowed to handle with a felony conviction on his record.
According to White's attorney, Shawn Kollie, the petition was filed in Deschutes County because a local high-end ammunition developer might hire White, as well as pick up the patented product he's developed — a high-powered air rifle that shoots copper-jacketed bullets.
White's product is a .458-caliber air rifle. While there are many .457- and .458-caliber air guns, White says his is the only one designed to shoot copper-jacketed bullets, rather than standard lead bullets. It also runs on three different gases — compressed air, nitrogen and helium — where most air rifles run on just compressed air and nitrogen. The gases in White's rifle can be used in different blends, or individually.

I've tried to find info on his air rifle but it isn't easy -- anyone else have more luck?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top