JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone know how it works if my gun hasn't shipped yet? I ordered a rifle on 11/29 from PSA and it's still "processing."
Will I still be able to pick up from my local FFL dealer that I chose since I purchased before 12/8? Getting antsy.

If you didn't do your 4473 yesterday, you won't get your item. I'm really suprised your FFL even allowed the shipment. Most stopped accepting transfers a couple weeks ago.
Yep they allowed it. The item finally shipped last night as well. So we will see how quickly it can arrive and go from there I guess.

'Manual paper process' ? What ? a legal pad and a pen?

'Designed and implemented' ? Do they even know where to start ? Or even have a guideline to follow? I think 'Whose on first' will aptly apply to all of this.....
HYPOTHETICAL future conversation with OSP:

Caller: Yes, hello OSP? Is this a real person? Great! So about three weeks ago I submitted my paper application for the extra special double secret permit. What's the status of that?

OSP: Umm, hang on, what's your name? [...]

Caller: Yeah, I paid for a firearm on November 22 and still can't get it. I live in a high crime area, and a couple dudes tried breaking into my house last night. They kept saying they wanted to kill me. I called 911 but got put on hold for 45 minutes then disconnected. Thankfully the guys left but I'm very scared.

OSP: Sorry to hear that. Well with this whole permit thing, we're just taking orders from [you know who, who may or may not have also got a lot of out of state money to push 114 through].

So how it works right now, is after we get your paper application in the mail (which moves slower these days), we immediately cash the applicants check. That way the check doesn't get lost.

Then the applications get put into a pile to get scanned in or entered into the electronic system, which itself will change a lot once we design and implement the new system to issue this new permit to exercise your 2A rights. What I heard is the State plans to contract with a small, unknown new start up tech company to set everything up.

And because of that, we're not sure if all that information to be entered will migrate over or not into the new system or fields, or if they can "talk" to each other. You may recall the state had a similar issue several years ago with some radio systems, and it took more time and a lot more money to sort out. And then there was that hiccup with the state court electronic filing systems. I hear they went "a smidge" over budget, but none of my business. And dont forget about the Oregon Employment Departments antiquated system from 1993 that crashed at the beginning of the 2020 pandemic and caused a lot of people to have benefits delayed for months. Then there was the Cover Oregon and the Columbia river crossing debacles. Hundreds of millions of dollars GONE (sort of -- it went to someone I guess).

And just full disclosure, several years ago we ourselves had some major issues with the sex offender database, which was unfortunate because Oregon had the highest number of offenders in the nation.

https://kutv.com/news/nation-world/...compliance-kept-off-public-database-in-oregon

Anywho, that pile of paper applications for the new special permit got so big and we were so behind on data entry with the holidays and all, that we had to store them in a warehouse. But then the warehouse caught fire on New Years Eve. Not sure if it was a firework from those goofy defund the police "protesters" (crazy rascals!), or just a celebratory firework gone astray.

Either way, those applications are gone-zo, big time. I know you're thinking that a lot of things are figuratively going "up in smoke" around this state, but what I'm saying to you is that all those permit applications literally went up in smoke. Paper and fire don't mix.

Don't worry though, good news is looks like your check cleared. Just send us another paper application and on the front of it write in red sharpie all caps that you already paid and really need to get your firearm like ASAP. We'll let the intake person know that's what we're telling people who have to send in a second application, so it doesn't get rejected for lack of payment.

From the date we receive your application, it'll be about a month before it gets entered into the system (assuming no more warehouse fires). Between you and me, although your check cleared, your application never will because there's still no state-approved firearms training. Sorry, no refunds. Maybe go play an Oregon lottery machine to see if you can make that money back.

Have a nice day and be careful. It's a crazy world out there these days, with record crime and all that.

It says, in queue Dec 8, no gun till you have permit. Which OSP will have a form for you on. They wont have the live training though. Likely they will just put the forms in a pile till they figure out the rest. The pile will grow. The guns will sit. The 2nd Amendment stops for everyone in the state till they "figure it out".

I only wonder if this will cause more to buy, or less.
Stats already show it's causing more to buy. Cannot imagine the number of 30 AR mags that got bought in Oregon in the last 30 days. They don't track those numbers.
I am sure some enterprising person bought hundreds and will wait a few months then go sell them to gang bangers for $100 each.
Brain dead lawmakers didn't think of those scenarios did they? Ooops.

Stats already show it's causing more to buy. Cannot imagine the number of 30 AR mags that got bought in Oregon in the last 30 days. They don't track those numbers.
I am sure some enterprising person bought hundreds and will wait a few months then go sell them to gang bangers for $100 each.
Some will be those who hoarded them. The rest will come via gun shops in Caldwell, ID. Just like Ontario is where Boise gets pot and Pullman is where Idaho State students get pot... Caldwell will supply Portland and Coeur d'Alene will supply Seattle with PMAGs.

SHK mag $5 to $100 is quite the investment ratio.

Eh they won't get that expensive you will be able to get them from another state. Now if biden trys to do something then yes buy any magazine you can find even if you don't have the gu.

Meh.... If bangers want mags... they'll just steal em off you. $100.. that's a lay-a-way payment on a pair of sneakers kind of money! They ain't havin' none of that!

We need to introduce a ballot measure that requires background checks comply with federal laws and eliminate Oregon state police from conducting background checks as the state point of contact.

It would be an easy sell to eliminate all the existing Oregon state laws regarding background checks and gun purchases for the more gooder federal NICS background check system.

Idiots would vote for it because it seems harsher, and voilla, we are back to the good old days of no OSP delays, fees, and bubblegummery.

Who here has experience with getting a ballot measure written and on the ballot?

It appears that current background checks will be suspended rather than cancelled.

Screenshot (195).png

We need to introduce a ballot measure that requires background checks comply with federal laws and eliminate Oregon state police from conducting background checks as the state point of contact.

It would be an easy sell to eliminate all the existing Oregon state laws regarding background checks and gun purchases for the more gooder federal NICS background check system.

Idiots would vote for it because it seems harsher, and voilla, we are back to the good old days of no OSP delays, fees, and bubblegummery.

Who here has experience with getting a ballot measure written and on the ballot?
We should start a measure that protects the first amendment and make the measure worded all crazy and just make sure we get in that all laws that infringe on ANY amendment will be instant null void no matter if people vote it in. This will cover the 2a but make sure the voters think it's all about the first lol.

After the 8th we need to keep going into shops and trying to buy. Dealers need to keep a list. These are people that are without question being denied their second amendment rights. It could be argued those in the que are just in hold not denied.

After the 8th we need to keep going into shops and trying to buy. Dealers need to keep a list. These are people that are without question being denied their second amendment rights. It could be argued those in the que are just in hold not denied.
If the permit system is not up and running 100% and they stop any process on current BGC. That will be a denial on the right to purchase. They already Said they would so I am guessing there is a lawsuit being written up as we speak that will be filled once it happens.

It appears that current background checks will be suspended rather than cancelled.

View attachment 1323978
As I pointed out to my retarded anti-gun relatives this morning.......having an application available to apply for a Permit to Purchase without also having the necessary infrastructure in place to go from application stage to permit issued stage means that there is not/will not be a system in place on Dec. 8th.

But, since they're retarded, it was wasted effort.

-E-

This is on the states FICS (the page FFLs use for background checks) as of this afternoon. Its dated for release tomorrow Dec. 2 2022. This is going out to all FFL's in Oregon. (Current back log as of this posting is 33,316 citizens trying to exercise their 2nd Amendment right)

Update on the status of FICS transactions in the Pended/Delayed Queue - Oregon (Photo) - 12/02/22

BM114 becomes law on December 8, 2022. Since November 8, 2022, the FICS unit has experienced unprecedented volumes of firearms transactions never seen before in the program's 26-year history. OSP continues to work diligently to process and resolve as many of the pended/delayed FICS transactions as possible.

FICS transactions that are not completed with an approval number by midnight on December 7, 2022, will require the purchaser to initiate their permit application to obtain a Permit-to-Purchase before their FICS transaction can resume. This means your FICS transaction will not be canceled on December 8th. Once the purchaser has an approved permit, the FICS transaction will resume.

It is important to note that many times pended/delayed FICS transactions are due to missing, incomplete, or incorrect information. When there is missing or incomplete information on a person's Computerized Criminal History (CCH), OSP must contact the agency that is the owner of that information to obtain official records so that OSP can determine whether the person is approved for the firearm purchase. The agencies contacted most for missing or incomplete information are the Courts or District Attorneys' offices throughout the United States. There are no required timelines for the agencies to respond to our requests for missing or incomplete information. By statute, the information within the FICS transaction database can only be held for five years.

Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase. The draft application is in the final review with permitting agencies and will be posted to the Oregon State Police's website and available to those wishing to apply for a Permit-to-Purchase on December 8, 2022.

With BM114 becoming law on December 8, 2022, this gives Oregon State Police a very short window to develop a program and have technology available for use on day 1 of the new law. Because of this, the Permit-to-Purchase program at Oregon State Police will be a manual paper process until new technical systems can be designed and implemented.
Of course we all know the I in FICS stands for "instant"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads