JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
YES that's what I'm "understanding." Retroactive application of a new unconstitutional law.
That's exactly what it is, and in any other industry, a "sale" is complete once both parties have reached an agreement and money is exchanged... even if delivery is delayed.

Unfortunately, that doesn't suit their needs when it comes to firearms. The "sale" is not complete until delivery so the new law is "not" retroactive.

Lol, it won't be canceled. We will hold your spot for you until the state finds their head. Notice, their heads have all been shoved very far up a respectable Mothers Demand Actions bubblegum accordingly.
Course it's only valid for 30 days from when submitted. So still means most of not all won't get it as there's still no classes set up

So the BIG question I have is, what will they do with all the people that have said firearms purchased legally and lawfully released after the 72 hour window, whose BGC is still in the ethers of the NICS check?
Likely nothing. They will still run the check, they have no idea where the gun is.

I'm no attorney, but this looks like a tactical move in attempt to prevent that judge from stopping 114 from going into effect on the 8th. "See, we have a permit application system in place. No need to stop anything." Just another :s0124:
^^^^^^^This.....only not so tactical!!!!!

Remember what happened in court today.

"Senior Asst Attorney General Brian Simmonds Marshall told the judge Oregonians will be able to apply for a permit to buy a gun on Dec. 8 - and the court's public gallery erupted in laughter."

With that single sentence, he committed the State to either have a system in place by Dec 8th or be shown to be a liar to the very judge he is dealing with. You notice that the OSP announcement came out two hours after the conclusion of today's court proceedings, not before. I'm betting there was some very frantic action going on in Salem this afternoon attempting to CYA.

Assistant AG Marshall IMO made a huge blunder with that statement.

-E-

Does anyone know how it works if my gun hasn't shipped yet? I ordered a rifle on 11/29 from PSA and it's still "processing."

Will I still be able to pick up from my local FFL dealer that I chose since I purchased before 12/8? Getting antsy.

"Senior Asst Attorney General Brian Simmonds Marshall told the judge Oregonians will be able to apply for a permit to buy a gun on Dec. 8 - and the court's public gallery erupted in laughter."

With that single sentence, he committed the State to either have a system in place by Dec 8th or be shown to be a liar to the very judge he is dealing with. You notice that the OSP announcement came out two hours after the conclusion of today's court proceedings, not before. I'm betting there was some very frantic action going on in Salem this afternoon attempting to CYA.

-E-
Exactly. They've been caught in a lie and once that happens…..

-E-
Spot on! They went into full on emergency cover our a$$ mode.

So, if I read this right, in essence it says, for those that don't have a CHL which gets them closer to the front of the line, essentially you have to abide by the new law prior to when it was a law because OR makes OSP do a background check..........

Did I get this right?
Yes, you need to pay a $65 fee for a background check for permission to purchase a firearm, so that you can pay $10 for another background check every time you purchase a firearm….

:rolleyes:

-E-
Not all tactical decisions turn out well, but I would submit they are still "tactical". Like the Ducks going for it on fourth down. :s0114:

Seriously though, let's hope you're right!

Does anyone know how it works if my gun hasn't shipped yet? I ordered a rifle on 11/29 from PSA and it's still "processing."

Will I still be able to pick up from my local FFL dealer that I chose since I purchased before 12/8? Getting antsy.
Best of luck bud! I'm not sure if they stopped shipping firearms but the window is definitely closing. Your firearm would not on have to complete progressing but has to be shipped. Also a lot of FFL aren't accepting transfers so I hope you called prior to placing your order. You only get one chance at shipping it correctly. If your FFL is no longer accepting transfer then I would assume they would contact you once they received your order/gun to issue you a refund but some places also charge restocking fees.

I think he is thinking of making the system completely unusable. For example let's say they received 450,000 permit applications in the first week.
There is no system. Anyway, the burden of dealing with all those applications would fall on local law enforcement, not the state. Don't they have enough to do? OSP is only the coordinator and data collector. It's a stupid and childish gesture. Anyway, it's a moot point because like any government form, it will have penalties for providing false information.

There is no system. Anyway, the burden of dealing with all those applications would fall on local law enforcement, not the state. Don't they have enough to do? OSP is only the coordinator and data collector. It's a stupid and childish gesture. Anyway, it's a moot point because like any government form, it will have penalties for providing false information.
You are talking to the wrong person. I am neither for nor against such a strategy.

Best of luck bud! I'm not sure if they stopped shipping firearms but the window is definitely closing. Your firearm would not on have to complete progressing but has to be shipped. Also a lot of FFL aren't accepting transfers so I hope you called prior to placing your order. You only get one chance at shipping it correctly. If your FFL is no longer accepting transfer then I would assume they would contact you once they received your order/gun to issue you a refund but some places also charge restocking fees.
Yes I have already gone to my chosen shop and spoke with them. They didn't say anything about not letting me get the rifle when I told them I have it coming in. All they said was, "great sounds good! PSA has been doing a great job expediting those orders." So I think I will be good as long as it ships. Fingers crossed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top